• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Banks transferred to a football school this year, and was a basketball and football prospect at his previous HS. Now that he is focused on football and is spending his last year in HS at a football program that develops power 5 players, I expect he will keep getting better. If he can add some size and strength and come in as a 6'4 205lb Freshman with good hands and a vertical, I suspect the staff will be able to work with that right away. Maybe he only plays 4 as a true Fresh., and comes back as a Redshirt Fr. at 6'4 220 and ready to play. Not much more you can ask for at Wake for a WR prospect.

Banks transferred to a football school this year, and was a basketball and football prospect at his previous HS. Now that he is focused on football and is spending his last year in HS at a football program that develops power 5 players, I expect he will keep getting better. If he can add some size and strength and come in as a 6'4 205lb Freshman with good hands and a vertical, I suspect the staff will be able to work with that right away. Maybe he only plays 4 as a true Fresh., and comes back as a Redshirt Fr. at 6'4 220 and ready to play. Not much more you can ask for at Wake for a WR prospect.

Agree.
Give him 2 years and then take a look.

Banks tape makes him look like the kind of prospect that will garner more attention closer to NSD. There will probably be a few D1 schools who come after him if he continues to develop in his senior year. He has the traits you can’t coach- height, speed, leap and intelligent. The rest is coachable. Hope we keep him

Exactly. Washington, Jones, and Perry fit that description. Any WR with that height would be a 4 star if they were ready to play once they get to campus.

Why be demeaning by labeling him as a project sight unseen? I would expect a sociology professor to understand that putting labels on people is not cool.

I didn’t put the label on him. He’s an unranked 6-4 WR. I read the label.

Tannenbaum, Lemert, Becker, Mead. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Transfer portal still has a lot of guys in it, according to 247 Sports. One intriguing guy is defensive lineman Mohammad Diallo, (6-4, 320 soph) looking to leave Texas A&M. Originally from Toronto.
Might Wake be interested? Does Wake have room?

I think Banks is also playing at the same high school as former safety target and Maryland commit Beau Brade. Or maybe Brade just retweeted that they are the preseason #2 in the country because he has friends on the team, not sure if he also transferred to play there his Sr. year of HS.

Last edited:
Transfer portal still has a lot of guys in it, according to 247 Sports. One intriguing guy is defensive lineman Mohammad Diallo, (6-4, 320 soph) looking to leave Texas A&M. Originally from Toronto.
Might Wake be interested? Does Wake have room?

Former JUCO guy

Banks’ addition made me wonder about the scholarships available and that led me to “what happened to Byrd?”. I don’t see him on the roster and wondered if he left.

Apologies if covered earlier

Banks’ addition made me wonder about the scholarships available and that led me to “what happened to Byrd?”. I don’t see him on the roster and wondered if he left.

Apologies if covered earlier

Byrd was medically DQ'd, covered here toward the bottom of this story.

With the trajectory of our program and the (hopefully) likely bowls we are going to play, along with all the players who may tack on four additional games due to redshirting, I wonder if a number of school records are going to broken over the next decade.

Unless we start having more and more guys go pro early, which would be a fair trade off.

With the trajectory of our program and the (hopefully) likely bowls we are going to play, along with all the players who may tack on four additional games due to redshirting, I wonder if a number of school records are going to broken over the next decade.

Unless we start having more and more guys go pro early, which would be a fair trade off.

Break records......Yes.
In fact 2017 and 2018 were the 2 best years ever for the offense.
More to come.

Break records......Yes.
In fact 2017 and 2018 were the 2 best years ever for the offense.
More to come.

Absolutely. Of course I’m referring to individual school records.

If Wake continues the string of bowl games, an individual career could be as many as 56 games. Four 12 game regular season games. Four bowls. Four games during red shirt season.

If Wake continues the string of bowl games, an individual career could be as many as 56 games. Four 12 game regular season games. Four bowls. Four games during red shirt season.

There are so many bowl games now....

Back