• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Depends on what Jones is looking for. Agree that top 10 schools aren't going to be fighting for him, but if he wants to go to a solid Group 6 school (like home state SMU), they would love to have Waydale.

He'd still have to sit out. Even if he wants to go back to Texas to play for an SMU, he should go as a grad transfer.

Have to quote your sauces if going to throw out that kind of rumblings!!??? If so you have to think Jamie is coming back too???

It's wfu22. His source is Greene or someone close to him.

He'd still have to sit out. Even if he wants to go back to Texas to play for an SMU, he should go as a grad transfer.

Hope Waydale follows your sage advice. Instincts tell me he is gone.

I’ve never talked to Greene except to say hello. I don’t spend much time in MA anymore but have close friends who live in MA and are very well connected to WF sports. Greene isn’t the source. We are recruiting a WR who was told that Surratt and Greene are expected to be our starting WRs next year. So, it is logical to assume that our coaches are expecting Surratt to return. If they expected him to leave, they would emphasize that to a recruit.

I’ve never talked to Greene except to say hello. I don’t spend much time in MA anymore but have close friends who live in MA and are very well connected to WF sports. Greene isn’t the source. We are recruiting a WR who was told that Surratt and Greene are expected to be our starting WRs next year. So, it is logical to assume that our coaches are expecting Surratt to return. If they expected him to leave, they would emphasize that to a recruit.
I'll also add another source from Lincolnton. Sage's mom apparently has a strict policy that neither son can go to the NFL without a degree first. I think he graduates after next year and then goes to the NFL.

Obviously that is subject to change depending on the deal, but this person made it seem as if momma rules the roost.

And remember - Sage was actually committed to Harvard before he flipped over to Wake later in his senior season. So academics appear to be important to him/his family.

But Chazz went to UNC. Do you think Sage tutors him in the offseason or something?

By "tutor", I assume you mean write all of his papers for him?

Nah. I mean gives him the college education he's not getting at UNC. It's UNC. Chazz has plenty of people to write papers for him.

Hope Waydale follows your sage advice. Instincts tell me he is gone.

By entering the transfer portal, he risks losing his spot on the roster. We are recruiting WRs to replace him. If we sign one, he is history.

Claude transferred.

And the next year asked to come back. No schollies left at the time. Luckily, one opened up and he was taken back.
Important to note that his reason for leaving was to take care of his mother with cancer. Not dissatisfaction with Wake.
In fact, he appreciated Wake even more once he left. Great story and glad to see him playing well as he ends his career here.

There are some good players in the transfer portal that Wake Forest should look at bringing in.

I think we’re gonna need some. We’re having quite a few enter/leave from our side.
Not so sure I’m liking the transfer portal.

Back