• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I assume you're not surprised by this.

What’s to be lenient about? I presume if you move to the district and live in the district you are eligible. Less of an issue at a private school.

What’s to be lenient about? I presume if you move to the district and live in the district you are eligible. Less of an issue at a private school.

Some states/ school districts require residence for some time before the student is eligible for athletics. Florida does not.

Some states/ school districts require residence for some time before the student is eligible for athletics. Florida does not.

Because I can't edit, here is a quote from the article about residency.

"
Some states are more accessible to transfers than others — in Florida, public school players such as Kuczynski are immediately eligible at the school they first attend each year — while others, such as Iowa, have vowed to stand firm in guidelines that require families to make legitimate moves to the state and establish residency."

If you live there and have a lease or a utility bill, you've likely established residency.

Some states require more. Titling a vehicle, driver's license, registering to vote, declaration of domicile for state income tax purposes.

If you live there and have a lease or a utility bill, you've likely established residency.

If you just moved 800 miles so your son can play high school football, do these sound like enormous obstacles ?

Argue with the author of the article and the states. I just was posting something I thought might be relevant to football recruiting.

Some states require more. Titling a vehicle, driver's license, registering to vote, declaration of domicile for state income tax purposes.

Argue with the author of the article and the states. I just was posting something I thought might be relevant to football recruiting.

The article didn't mention any of that. It said that one state, Iowa, in 1.5 sentences, wanted to make sure it was a legitimate move. If you're living there and attending high school there five days a week, you'll have a hard time arguing that it's not a legitimate move.

we don't always punt, but when we do........ Big part of the game that seems to be secure and gets the attention of the staff.. well done!

Fuck yeah, but hopefully we set fewer punting records than in the past.

One punting stat that is always good is percent of punts downed inside the 20. Always good to make the opposing offense go a long way.

Classic is the then (maybe still) record punt that flipped the field vs NC State. Wake was pinned around their 20. State fans were expecting good field position around their 40. Instead a 70 yard punt rolled dead about their 10.

Maybe we see something similar from this young man before his career is complete.

Welcome to Wake, Brian Mcferson.

I bet by some metric we have had the best kicking/punting personnel in the country since Plack

Last edited:
I bet by some metric we have had the best kicking/punting personnel since Plack

Yeah. Our football program hasn't had to worry about punting, kicking, and long snapping for awhile. The coverage and return games are much bigger issues.

FWIW, WF's projected punter this year RS FR Ivan Mora was the #1 rated punter in his class. Also, WF's new long snapper, FR Jacon Zohr, was the #1 rated LS snapper in HS (didn't know that they rated HS long snappers). So, Clawson looks to max out in places where other schools don't put as much emphasis.

The kicking/punting/long snapping camps seem to run a sophisticated operation.

FWIW, WF's projected punter this year RS FR Ivan Mora was the #1 rated punter in his class. Also, WF's new long snapper, FR Jacon Zohr, was the #1 rated LS snapper in HS (didn't know that they rated HS long snappers). So, Clawson looks to max out in places where other schools don't put as much emphasis.

I was pretty surprised Wake was even looking at a punter for 21. Figured Mora would be around a while. Potentially five seasons, because 2020 doesn't count for eligibility.

He's 2022 but 2020 not counting does factor in.

Back