• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Probably not worth mentioning, but as the resident tOSU shill, I was surprised to see Jameson Williams enter the portal. Former top 100 recruit with blazing speed that caught the deep ball that clinched the Clemson game last year. 3 years of eligibility remaining. Would love the Deacs to pursue, though the thinking is that he might go home to Mizzou (from St. Louis).

Recruiting is like my reality TV, but I had even forgotten how stacked tOSU is at WR. Their top 6 include: 2 projected 2022 1st rounders, 2 former #1 overall WR recruits, four 5 stars, and Marvin Harrison's son. Some team is going to get a hell of a weapon in Williams, even though he couldn't apparently crack the 2 deep this spring. By all accounts a great kid as well.

Appears he didn’t want any competition from Masterson. His comments.
That said, where’s he going to go where he doesn’t have any competition?

I find that to be an interesting landing spot. He isn't a superstar but he's P6 level

ULM plays Kentucky and LSU next year.

ULM might have been the worst BCS program in 2020. 0-10, only one loss was within single digits. Naturally, ULM fired their coach and hired old Terry Bowden (the former Auburn coach). Also, on the ULM staff is former WV, Michigan and Arizona HC Rich Rodriguez. The "how the mighty have fallen" staff.

I thought it was interesting that Terry Bowden actually had been working at Clemson as an unpaid intern since 2019 prior to this new position as head coach at ULM.

ULM might have been the worst BCS program in 2020. 0-10, only one loss was within single digits. Naturally, ULM fired their coach and hired old Terry Bowden (the former Auburn coach). Also, on the ULM staff is former WV, Michigan and Arizona HC Rich Rodriguez. The "how the mighty have fallen" staff.

Bobby Petrino soon to be WR coach let’s make it happen

And ULM beat Wake 17-10 in our opening game in 2014

Les Miles for Special Teams coach. Each kick an adventure- kickoff coverage a jailbreak. Teamed with Petrino et al. what could go wrong?

LOL!
Les Miles for Special Teams coach. Each kick an adventure- kickoff coverage a jailbreak. Teamed with Petrino et al. what could go wrong?

LOL! Funniest thing i have read in a long time!

I don't understand this... Last week he is one of the bigger pitch men for the Deacs and this week this. What is the real story here?

He announced he was transferring nearly two months ago

Jesus, did that kid even visit Monroe before committing? I mean, Winston isn't any great shakes outside the Wake campus, but it sure as shit beats Monroe.

Louisville (Ky.) Male’s four-star defensive lineman Selah Brown notified 247Sports of his Top10 schools on Sunday.

The program’s the touted Brown is focused on moving forward include Kentucky, Louisville, Northwestern, Boston College, Stanford, UCF, Cincinnati, Illinois, West Virginia and Wake Forest.

The 6-foot-2, 270-pound Brown is tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the nation’s No. 20 athlete and No. 3 overall prospect in the state of Kentucky.

from Rivals

Those are the types of guys we need to get a few of if we are going to take that next step to be a perennial 10 win team.

Chris Barclay’s high school. His list doesn’t include Purdue so maybe Barclay will put in a word for us.

Back