• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

FWIW, Kevin Higgins could not be a nicer more humble guy. Not surprised that he is well respected among HS coaches.

Also one hell of a developer of talent. If you’re a WR in this state, why the hell wouldn’t you want to come work with him.

How the heck does UNCCH’S Brown fool NC high school coaches into believing he has more to offer than WF’s Dave Clawson
after this year in which UNC allegedly had a Heisman contender and a shot at the ACCC title and CFP?

I’m guessing a good number of those coaches are UNC fans anyway.

And many of the kids either don't qualify for Wake, or have zero interest in being a student athlete.

I’m guessing a good number of those coaches are UNC fans anyway.

My daughter’s middle school colors are navy and a pastel shade of blue. The football/basketball coach orders uniforms that have argyle trim on them. The struggle is real.

Many of the people who teach in North Carolina High Schools were indoctrinated into baby blue at u*NC-CH while getting their teaching credentials. Also, that gets reinforced when they return for their continuing education sessions.

Many of the people who teach in North Carolina High Schools were indoctrinated into baby blue at u*NC-CH while getting their teaching credentials. Also, that gets reinforced when they return for their continuing education sessions.

That is not true, most of the teachrs coaches and admin come from App UNCG EZU and other state schools. You mat not care but part of the mission of the unc system is to provide educators and good ones to every part of the state. It may not be a top 30 liberal arts degree from wake but these people do work every day. Very proud that my son is one of them, EC teacher in rural western NC and making small but important differences every day so so proud of him.

And btw Coach Higgins is gold my son was going there until he got fired. Love the man.

That is not true, most of the teachrs coaches and admin come from App UNCG EZU and other state schools. You mat not care but part of the mission of the unc system is to provide educators and good ones to every part of the state. It may not be a top 30 liberal arts degree from wake but these people do work every day. Very proud that my son is one of them, EC teacher in rural western NC and making small but important differences every day so so proud of him.

I'm not sure we are reading the same thread. Nowhere on this thread is an attack on teachers.

Nor did I,I said deaconblue assumed mos NC tachers come from unc-ch and bleed baby blue and that is not close to true.

I’m willing to bet most App, UNCG, and ECU alums are UNC fans.

It is good to know that the "indoctrination" of school teachers for fawning for UNCCH is not quite so effective. But I do wonder about the UNC system influence on the teachers who become coaches. For many such coaches it is a little difficult to not favor UNCCH (the so called flagship of the system) simply from a sense of loyalty to the system.

Hope the facts of this season will continue to demonstrate Clawson's program is superior to Brown's so more high school coaches will come to the same realization.

Everybody loves a winner. Dave Clawson is a winner far beyond the football field. By now, all NC high schools know it.

Everybody loves a winner. Dave Clawson is a winner far beyond the football field. By now, all NC high schools know it.

Aren’t most HS football coaches losers who think they are winners? Statistically speaking most aren’t very successful. Especially considering there are some really dominant teams in this state winning A LOT more than others.

Another reality is some coaches prefer the red carpet treatment in Chapel Hill over Groves Stadium in Winston-Salem regardless of the quality of the programs.

I know lots of APP and ECU grads who love their football teams, but as soon as the season is over they turn their attention to their "beloved" Heel bb.

I can tell you this App Alum us ABC all day. APP alums are App football fans 1st, but most of the ones I went to college with did pull for UNC in basketball.

I can tell you this App Alum us ABC all day. APP alums are App football fans 1st, but most of the ones I went to college with did pull for UNC in basketball.

Until App State stepped up to FBS, there were a lot of App folks who were fans of u*NC-CH for "big time" football. That pool is shrinking, now that App has moved up.

Same was true for those from ECTC. Traditions die hard.

Back