• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

All the commits for 22 are 3 star or higher except for the kicker who is a two star, but top 10 at his position nationally.

I remember when I was in school - 2004-2008- prime of Grobe years- we used to be excited about a 3 star- now it’s a given- we’ve come a long way

I remember when I was in school - 2004-2008- prime of Grobe years- we used to be excited about a 3 star- now it’s a given- we’ve come a long way

Recuiting is almost all three stars. Now the challenge is to get high three stars and some four star guys. The current run should help.

Random Recruiting Stat of the Day:

All 4 players who decommitted from Wake from the 2019 Recruiting class ended up in the transfer portal.

Clemson has 50 4 stars to our 3 over the last few years. We will see is the Wake system can prevail.

Random Recruiting Stat of the Day:

All 4 players who decommitted from Wake from the 2019 Recruiting class ended up in the transfer portal.

Are any of them good and possible targets?

One reason college football media wants Wake to fail is Wake making the CFP would severely damage the recruiting rankings part of reporting. They generate a ton of year round clicks from fans of big time programs. Wake would be the ultimate disruptor.

Are any of them good and possible targets?

One reason college football media wants Wake to fail is Wake making the CFP would severely damage the recruiting rankings part of reporting. They generate a ton of year round clicks from fans of big time programs. Wake would be the ultimate disruptor.

No, none worth our while.

Here is a look at career stats of 2020 and 2021 decommitts

Marvin Scott III- Rb- Nebraska- 30 carries 92 yds 1 TD
Nigel Williams- CB-0 Northwestern- No stats
Shane Whittier- LB- OU - 32 tackles 1 FR 1 PD
DJ Sims- WR- VPI- No stats

Where do you see that Whitter is in the portal? His stats are pretty good. 23 tackles in 8 games.

Where do you see that Whitter is in the portal? His stats are pretty good. 23 tackles in 8 games.

I was only half-watching, but believe I saw in the Baylor/OU game that a Baylor RB sprang a 70+ yard run, only to be chased down just short of the goal line by Whitter. It would be nice to have that kind of speed on defense.

Whittier had a chance to star for us on defense.

He went to OU probably thinking he was going to compete for championships and now he's looking up at Wake in the CFP and OU is going to never be heard from again in the SEC.

No the 2019 decommits all went to the portal at some point. I was just giving the stats for the 2020 and 2021 decommits who are all with their team still.

Oh. I thought you were saying that the 2019 decommits are in the portal now.

Notre Dame poaching our punter. I hate them so much. Hope they don’t get Grimes too…

Notre Dame poaching our punter. I hate them so much. Hope they don’t get Grimes too…

I'll be furious if they get Grimes.

I have no problem with then poaching our punter. We rarely punt the ball, And I don't see that trend changing the next couple years.

Back