• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

2019 3 star (though was 4 star prior to committing to us of course) QB committ Brendon Clark posted his junior year Hudl highlights yesterday. Kid looks like a stud. He’s listed as a pro-style QB, but clearly has good to great running ability. His passes look effortless, but very accurate. Has great receivers too. Listed as 6’2, which is slightly taller than most of our QBs. I think he could come in a compete immediately for PT, just hope we can hold onto him!

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4188385/5a27658dbed6cb388460a939

Wow! The variety of throws that kid can make is impressive. Kid seems like a bigger Wolford.

2019 3 star (though was 4 star prior to committing to us of course) QB committ Brendon Clark posted his junior year Hudl highlights yesterday. Kid looks like a stud. He’s listed as a pro-style QB, but clearly has good to great running ability. His passes look effortless, but very accurate. Has great receivers too. Listed as 6’2, which is slightly taller than most of our QBs. I think he could come in a compete immediately for PT, just hope we can hold onto him!

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4188385/5a27658dbed6cb388460a939

Just watched the whole video. He seems to have all the tools and makes all the throws, albeit against HS competition.

Check out the catch at 1:55...Holy Smokes...I wonder if any of his receivers are getting looked at.

I went to see him play and he was impressive. He runs well but high school wise he looks more like a fullback when he runs. Its Power rather than quickness. He put 49 points on the board in a quarter and a half. I know when he visited one time a teammate was with him but don't know the position

Who was that QB that committed to us a few years ago and then flipped late to Bama? Did he ever play at Bama? I don't remember ever hearing his name. Which begs the question, would you rather ride the bench for Bama or come to Wake a play and have a great career?

2019 commit Triston Miller just received an offer from Tennessee per his Twitter account.

My guess is despite our recent success, the local kid isn't looking at Wake. Only because of the very sad remark.

Reading between the lines, he's a State lean.

He is looking at State, VT, Penn State and MAryland are looking at him the hardest. He did say he was going to count his list to 7 soon.

Virginia Tech: "With VT, it's so much," Martin said. "The atmosphere is always electrifying even in the offseason, and it always feels like home. They also have great food."

Penn State: "It's an amazing program. I also love the environment -- it's so welcoming -- but also intense."

NC State: "It's the hometown team. I grew up watching them, and to receive and offer from them was like a dream come true."

Maryland: "I've only been there once, but I feel like I've been there a million times because it's so family-oriented. The program is definitely on the rise."

Martin, a four-star prospect and No. 12 safety in the country according to 247Sports, has a plan for his recruitment.

"I'm going to cut my list to seven real soon, Martin said. "I'm still deciding what schools will make the list.

"Then I'm going to try to take my official visits in the spring. The only school I know that will get an official right now is Virginia Tech. I've always been attracted to the program."

Virginia Tech: "With VT, it's so much," Martin said. "The atmosphere is always electrifying even in the offseason, and it always feels like home. They also have great food."

Penn State: "It's an amazing program. I also love the environment -- it's so welcoming -- but also intense."

NC State: "It's the hometown team. I grew up watching them, and to receive and offer from them was like a dream come true."

Maryland: "I've only been there once, but I feel like I've been there a million times because it's so family-oriented. The program is definitely on the rise."

Martin, a four-star prospect and No. 12 safety in the country according to 247Sports, has a plan for his recruitment.

"I'm going to cut my list to seven real soon, Martin said. "I'm still deciding what schools will make the list.

"Then I'm going to try to take my official visits in the spring. The only school I know that will get an official right now is Virginia Tech. I've always been attracted to the program."

Lots of recruits don't consider the program that is closest to home.

We may not be recruiting him for some reason.........ie. grades.

His comment that Maryland is such so family-oriented baffles me

If I recall correctly, getting no interest from a top RB from Kernersville after Wake's 1979 season was cited somewhere as figuring in John Mackovic's reason for leaving Wake.

Back