• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Correct, and Trey Boll the TE was one of them. We also already have a TE in this class. Considering the late offer and the TE in question also decommitted from Temple today as well, I thought this was interesting.
The TE coach at Temple is Adam Scheier. He coached Cam Serigne and the TEs at Wake 7 years ago (and special teams) and was a board-favorite. Since leaving Wake he has been at Ohio State, Texas Tech, Miss State, Rutgers, and Temple.

The TE coach at Temple is Adam Scheier. He coached Cam Serigne and the TEs at Wake 10 years ago (and special teams) and was a board-favorite.
Interesting. Seems like there are lots of connections in athletics.

With Jimbo leaving there will be a host of A&M players entering the portal. If A&M hires a coach from another program there will likewise be players going into the portal. For my part, I think they'll go after Urban Meyer who is the only guy out there who is 1) an elite coach and 2) not already ensconced in a great job. A&M has plenty of money, loyal and wealthy supporters, facilities that rival those at UGA and Ala, and, even with transfers, will have a core of good athletes. All they've missed in the past is the coach who melds that together into a dominant program.

Is there a list of the players that participated in the graduation walk prior to NC State game? Thanks

Jimbo’s system puts waaaayy too much pressure on the shoulders of the QB - making the right read, looking off the DB, etc.- It’s effectively an NFL playbook. I don’t care how many stars a guy has - it’s still a 18-20 year old kid- too complicated. A&M at its core is better of having a system that’s more team based.

In honor of Tyson Bagent (D-II Shepherd University), I thought we could take a look at these guys for our portal QB/next year:

D-II
Zach Zebrowski, Central Missouri
Jack Strand, MSU Moorhead
Braden Gleason, Emporia State
Sammy Edwards, Valdosta State

D-III
Destin Chance, Illinois College
Aaron Syverson, Saint Johns College
George Sandven, Gustavus Adolphus
Landon McKinney, Howard Payne

First: some GREAT names there.

Second: One of those guys will (maybe/possibly) get reps in the NFL one day, which Griffis will 100% not.

Which one?

I'm pretty sure the correct response to this football season is to poach a bunch of JMU players.

Last edited:
Back