• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Santino Marucci who was the top rated QB in the state of Florida when he signed.
Walter Simmons III was higher ranked QB in the 2021 class (#86) vs Marucci (#94) per 247. Simmons played at Oakleaf HS, Orange Park, FL.

Simmons signed with ECU. Subsequently transferred to Bethune Cookman.

Walter Simmons III was higher ranked QB in the 2021 class (#86) vs Marucci (#94) per 247. Simmons played at Oakleaf HS, Orange Park, FL.

Simmons signed with ECU. Subsequently transferred to Bethune Cookman.
While I am not one to begrudge a man scrolling through old recruiting classes on 247, it is a time honored tradition after all, Simmons had a composite ranking of .8563 while Santino had a composite ranking of .8626, so Santino was the top rated QB from the state of Florida at the time of his commitment. Feel free to argue about which recruiting site truly is the best all you want, that's not an argument I have an interest in.

While I am not one to begrudge a man scrolling through old recruiting classes on 247, it is a time honored tradition after all, Simmons had a composite ranking of .8563 while Santino had a composite ranking of .8626, so Santino was the top rated QB from the state of Florida at the time of his commitment. Feel free to argue about which recruiting site truly is the best all you want, that's not an argument I have an interest in.

wow - Santino was perceived to be 0.7% better than Simmons, which he Narduzzi learned about, painfully, that fateful day at Groves/BB&T/Allegacy Field!

Fwiw have heard that Hecklinski is/will be 20 years old very soon. He was held back twice

Which adds even more to the frustration of why he didn't get more of a chance? I mean, he was the QB in our only win out of the last 9 games after all.

Looks like Ty Clark and Elijah Reid have not signed yet unless I have missed something

So how are things looking for Wake on this early signing day? Gophers pulled a decent class. Unfortunately had 2 recruits poached late in the cycle (one by USC and one by Mich. St.) but otherwise a decent class. We did land a 4-star from Minnesota (Koi Perich - had offers from USC and Ohio State) and he is probably the biggest highlight (https://247sports.com/player/koi-perich-46135727/).

Here's our overall class: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2024-Football/Commits/

Fleck likes to pretty much close out recruiting at the early signing day. He's only had a few players sign on the later date.

Most of the incoming class will enroll in January, and will be competing for spots right away.

Fwiw have heard that Hecklinski is/will be 20 years old very soon. He was held back twice
Was is to be made that he has a ton of yards passing along with TD passes and almost nil on the rushing side? Think we get rid of the mesh/RPO for this guy?

FWIW:

National Signing Day is winding down, and the three highest-ranked Atlantic Coast Conference recruiting classes find themselves in the top 25 of the national On3 Industry Team Recruiting Rankings.

In order to create the most comprehensive and unbiased team recruiting ranking, the On3 Team Recruiting Rankings is solely based on the On3 Industry Ranking — a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. The On3 Industry Team Recruiting Rankings is the most advanced and accurate team ranking in the industry.

Below is a breakdown of each recruiting class in the ACC:

12. Wake Forest — 86.365

0 five-stars | 0 four-stars | 21 three-stars | 21 total commits
Top Commit: Hiram (Ga.) three-star interior offensive lineman Clinton Richard, No. 524 in the On3 Industry Ranking

Hiram (Ga.) three-star interior offensive lineman Clinton Richard and Fayetteville (N.C.) Cape Fear three-star wide receiver Jeremiah Melvin both pledged to the Demon Deacons in the summer. Marietta (Ga.) Walton three-star quarterback Jeremy Hecklinski is the signal-caller for Wake Forest and committed in December 2022.

with WF bringing 13 recruits and 3 transfers to campus for the spring semester, we need to strip out 16 scholarships for that term, correct? Presumably we are letting Griffis, for example, stay on scholarship to complete his degree.

Back