• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football

deacdad72

Reaction score
As the dad of a new Wake football player, can we have a civil thread that talks about Wake football? I don't have a problem if you want to post concerns or criticisms relating to the program itself. Posititive input would of course be appreciated as well. I understand that certain people here don't like each other but for the sake those of us that want to hear about the program, can this thread deal specifically with football?

That being said...these are a few observations from a few practices I was able to attend.

Tanner looks great...has definitely seperated himself from the others.

Barring injury...Kinal and Hedlund are probably the only true freshman to see action this year.

Hamstrings are still a big problem.

Camp appears to be back and ready to roll.

Ziggy is a beast and will be a force on the d.

Colin Summers is big and athletic....will be hard to keep him off of the field.

Coach Galloway was a very good addition to the staff.

What would hedlund be doing since Jimmy is doing FG and Extra Points. Would he be a dedicated kickoff guy or something?

maybe he does ep's so Jimmy can focus on fg's and kick offs

Sounds good Mr P.

How is Cody enjoying his first college pre- season camp?

What would hedlund be doing since Jimmy is doing FG and Extra Points. Would he be a dedicated kickoff guy or something?

I'd guess that Chad would handle EPs and Jimmy would do the rest. Met Jimmys dad over the weekend and he says that Jimmy and Chad get along great and are working well together. With Jimmy being hurt last year Chad is in my opinion, insurance.

So Kinal has clearly beaten out Popham?

Popham is at Cincy. It is Kinal v Alex Wulfeck. Kinal supposedly has a much bigger leg but Wulfeck is more consistent.

Sounds good Mr P.

How is Cody enjoying his first college pre- season camp?

He's had a great time thanks. Freshman dorm rooms are not the friend of a lineman however.

The south Florida freshman have adjusted well and accept their redshirt role. Coaches Grobe and Mac have done a great job explaining their future roles and how they can help the team this year as redshirts...scout team, etc.

Bottom line is that Wake football is looking better. With that being said, the rest of the ACC is moving forward as well so progress will be appreciated and maybe at times...slow.

That being said...I won't ever go out on a limb and make win/loss predictions but we will be better then last year.

Mr. P,

Really happy that Cody's a Deac, and know he's going to do great things in old gold and black. Appreciate the insight and welcome to Wake to you as well!

Mr. P,

Really happy that Cody's a Deac, and know he's going to do great things in old gold and black. Appreciate the insight and welcome to Wake to you as well!

Thanks Siff...We are very proud of the choice he made and we firmly believe in coach Grobe's plan.

Yeah, I meant Wulfeck. There was some suggestion that they'd be used situationally. Doesn't matter to me as long as we don't have to use them that often and when we do, we get the field position back.

No disrespect to you, but if I were a player or a parent, I would stay as far away from any internet board like this as I could possibly get.

Past experiences on the old Scout board (and I'm sure Rivals) never ended well for parents of active players (remember Chas' mom, who got upset with criticism of her son? and a certain punter's dad who shamelessly used the board to lobby for a 'ship for his son -- who has since turned out to be nowhere near as good as his dad bragged)

Coming to this (or any other) internet board for civil and intelligent discussion is like going to a homeless shelter soup kitchen for a 4-star dinner.

No disrespect to you, but if I were a player or a parent, I would stay as far away from any internet board like this as I could possibly get.

Past experiences on the old Scout board (and I'm sure Rivals) never ended well for parents of active players (remember Chas' mom, who got upset with criticism of her son? and a certain punter's dad who shamelessly used the board to lobby for a 'ship for his son -- who has since turned out to be nowhere near as good as his dad bragged)

Coming to this (or any other) internet board for civil and intelligent discussion is like going to a homeless shelter soup kitchen for a 4-star dinner.

There is some validity to that post, but im going out on a limb to say Mr. P won't have the problems these other parents had. His posts are clearly more rational than the RULZ' of the world and some other parents we've had here. Anyways welcome to you are your son Mr. P. Most of us are all pretty pumped for what these guys can get done in 4 years!

It is a sports board, y'all. We should expect folks to be entitled to state their opinions, including critical ones that may not mesh with my sense of propriety or yours. If that's a problem, it is probably not a good idea to come here.

Doesn't sound like Mr. P is anything like those parents. I think it's great to have his perspective on what's it's like for student-athletes at Wake (and their folks). I'm sure he knows, based on a quick scan of the board, that there are plenty of people here whose sole purpose is to cause trouble. But it's pretty easy to identify those posters. Again, welcome Mr. Preble!

It was great meeting you at practice Mr. P! I think this team is gonna take us for a ride over the next few years!!! As far as parents on the board, its all about keeping it fun and positive, everyone has a right to their opinion. I'm pretty sure every parent I have talked to over the last three years check these boards out. Some post and some just read and be entertained....I would agree with Mr. P assesment of the team so far. I do think the x factor is injuries, if we can stay healthy then we will bowl!

Mr. P,

^^^ I'll second that. Since I can't get to practices, I always welcome comments and insights from those close to the program......in this case, very close. I also have a good feeling about this years team as well as the future.

Back