• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest grows more body parts...this time a vagina

bym051d

I AM VERY IMPORTANT
Reaction score
Dr. Atala Does it Again

Makes new vijay jays for some girls, from their own cells.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79880809/

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Four young women born with abnormal or missing vaginas were implanted with lab-grown versions made from their own cells, the latest success in creating replacement organs that have so far included tracheas, bladders and urethras.

Follow-up tests show the new vaginas are indistinguishable from the women's own tissue and have grown in size as the young women, who got the implants as teens, matured.

All four of the women are now sexually active and report normal vaginal function. Two of the four, who were born with a working uterus but no vagina, now menstruate normally.

It is not yet clear whether these women can bear children, but because they are menstruating, it suggests their ovaries are working, so it may be possible, said Dr Anthony Atala, director of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center's Institute for Regenerative Medicine in North Carolina.

The feat, which Atala and colleagues in Mexico describe in the journal the Lancet, is the latest demonstration from the growing field of regenerative medicine, a discipline in which doctors take advantage of the body's power to regrow and replace cells.

I'd put the over/under at 23 for the number of posters who have pre-ordered their own test tube vagina for personal use.

"The patients were between the ages of 13 and 18 "........ "and the patients say they have had normal sexual function after the treatment, including desire and pain-free ........"

Uh what? I know I'm a little old fashioned but...

"The patients were between the ages of 13 and 18 "........ "and the patients say they have had normal sexual function after the treatment, including desire and pain-free ........"

Yes, Mike, teenage girls are sexually active. The world is also round, and we've been to the moon. You may want to sit down for this next one...are you sitting down? Good...there is a black man in The White House.

Read the article again especially the part that says they were 13-18 when the surgeries were done in 2005-08 and that now (2014) they report normal sexual function.

"The vaginas were created from the patients' own cells and implanted between 2005 and 2008. Today, the women report normal sexual function."

Yes, Mike, teenage girls are sexually active. The world is also round, and we've been to the moon. You may want to sit down for this next one...are you sitting down? Good...there is a black man in The White House.

Mobile neg rep for choosing snark over accuracy.

Movie_poster_for_Weird_Science_(1985).jpg

Read the article again especially the part that says they were 13-18 when the surgeries were done in 2005-08 and that now (2014) they report normal sexual function.

"The vaginas were created from the patients' own cells and implanted between 2005 and 2008. Today, the women report normal sexual function."

Great. Now keeper has to pay for their birth control. Thanks, Obama.

Considering our postseason history in most sports I just always assumed Wake already had one.

Yeah I was searching for this joke in my head.
Mine was going to be something like "watching Grobo ball the last seven years had me convinced Wake already had one."
But yeah the postseason one def works too.

This would be the real threat to threat to traditional marriage.

Gotta think being a world leader in new pussy would help recruiting.

If I had known that one of those could be made in a lab, I could have saved about a half-million dollars.

Back