• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Hoopsters Abroad

Pilchard

Reaction score
According to hoopsrumors.com International Tracker, our former Deacons are playing for the following teams in the following countries:

CJ Harris - Ludwigsburg Germany
Nikita Mershcharakov - Tsmoki-Minsk Belrus
Darius Songalia - Lietuvos Lithuania
Kyle Visser - New Yorker Phantoms Germany
David Weaver - Benfica Portugal

Among the UNC players playing internationally:

David Noel (France)
Sean May (France)
Rashad McCants (Brazil)
Reyshawn Terry (France)
Deon Thompson (Germany)
Jawad Williams (France)
Marcus Ginyard (Ukraine)

Last edited:
According to hoopsrumors.com International Tracker, our former Deacons are playing for the following teams in the following countries:

CJ Harris - Ludwigsburg Germany
Nikita Mershcharakov - Tsmoki-Minsk Belrus
Darius Songalia - Lietuvos Lithuania
Kyle Visser - New Yorker Phantoms Germany
David Weaver - Benfica Portugal

What an odd team name. Is Downey no longer overseas?

Eric Williams played 9 games in China this past May/June. Have not found anything since.

Justin Gray had a game at the Verizon Center like 2 months ago I heard on the radio.

Gray is still playing, saw him a few weeks ago at the airport and chatted for a minute

Justin Gray- Istanbul, Turkey
Eric Williams-Guangzhou, China
Jamaal Levy- Buenos Aires, Argentina
Taron Downey- Cyprus
Chas McFarland- Akita, Japan
Ty Walker- Kotwica, Poland

How many do you think will be playing overseas from our current roster?

Ty Walker can actually make a living playing pro basketball in Poland? Wow. That may top Josh Shoemaker in Sweden.

Justin Gray- Istanbul, Turkey
Eric Williams-Guangzhou, China
Jamaal Levy- Buenos Aires, Argentina
Taron Downey- Cyprus
Chas McFarland- Akita, Japan
Ty Walker- Kotwica, Poland

They need to make a reality show that tracks American pro basketball players overseas and how they interact with the community.
Big E in China?
Ty Walker in Poland?

Yes please. I would pay a lot to watch the episode where lovington goes to visit Chas in Akita.

Real Basketball Players of Krakow

I'd watch.

How many do you think will be playing overseas from our current roster?

McKie and probably Thomas. Too early to tell which of the sophs are going to pick up their games. Also remember Shoemaker played professionally in Finland.

They need to make a reality show that tracks American pro basketball players overseas and how they interact with the community.
Big E in China?
Ty Walker in Poland?

Yes please. I would pay a lot to watch the episode where lovington goes to visit Chas in Akita.

Knowing Big E, he is probably loving China.

Back