• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Innovation Quarter

I love what they're doing with the place, I just hope 52 will be able to handle the future traffic. I also wonder how that corresponds with WFU's future plan for the Deacon Blvd mixed use area. I just cant see them pulling the trigger on the Deacon Blvd upgrades so soon after the Innovation Quarter. Honestly, would anyone other than students prefer to live there as opposed to downtown?

I love what they're doing with the place, I just hope 52 will be able to handle the future traffic. I also wonder how that corresponds with WFU's future plan for the Deacon Blvd mixed use area. I just cant see them pulling the trigger on the Deacon Blvd upgrades so soon after the Innovation Quarter. Honestly, would anyone other than students prefer to live there as opposed to downtown?

Isn't the plan to eliminate some exits from 52? I know that was discussed. Cut the number of exits in half through the city, and the 52 traffic problem gets a lot better.

the stuff they had to do for Stormwater/Drainage is/was amazing and extremely fascinating

Greenway is just a connector to the Salem Creek Greenway. Still a good way to get to and from downtown.

Isn't the plan to eliminate some exits from 52? I know that was discussed. Cut the number of exits in half through the city, and the 52 traffic problem gets a lot better.

I remember hearing that as well. I doubt cutting the number of exits will cut traffic by that much though, you've still go everyone come down from Mt. Airy, Stokes County driving it to get to Winston. It just means the lines to get on and off 52 will be longer.

the stuff they had to do for Stormwater/Drainage is/was amazing and extremely fascinating

I know one of the stormwater ponds was an engineering marvel that involved changing plans a few times, do you know any other details?

I know one of the stormwater ponds was an engineering marvel that involved changing plans a few times, do you know any other details?

not enough to do it justice explaining here. i will say that the land was basically an industrial landfill for Reynolds and lots more had to be done to combat this after they started pushing dirt and digging

I remember hearing that as well. I doubt cutting the number of exits will cut traffic by that much though, you've still go everyone come down from Mt. Airy, Stokes County driving it to get to Winston. It just means the lines to get on and off 52 will be longer.

perfect for more bzzz billboards!

Another concern is that you essentially cut off East Winston business from through traffic.

I am over at RAI often so I am happy about this.

I heard Tomlinson speak about the plans for it in Feb. Very interesting stuff like letting foot traffic determine where sidewalks are placed, etc. Also my boss and 4 coworkers are in the video clips that show people walking around Biotech place in the news piece.

Back