• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest - Louisville Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the 21 point line was nuts with their QB situation.

I expected our offense to be just as bad and maybe somewhat worse. I did not, however, expect the offense to be this bad.

On the other hand, I did not expect the defense to play this well. So, there's some good news.

I didn't expect our offense to be worse than last year even with the losses.

Why?We have not had an OL in the last 5 years and the best of a poor group graduated. If any of these guys were better than what graduated they would have played last year. We lost a 4 year starter at QB. We have no running backs. We lost a player who accounted for over 40% of the offense.. If you did not expect this then you have no clue about football. The problem is not the QB. He is true freshman and was not a five star recruit. Given time he is not bad. Being sacked 7 or 8 times means there is not much he can do. He wants to make a play, but just does not have time. He was much better last week when he had time to throw. Fix the OL and things will be better

figured we would get a bump with the new coaching staff. Plus our offense last year was statistically really bad, so it wasnt a huge hurdle.

People who thought our O would not regress really did not appreciate how good Michael Campanaro was for us.

It's bullshit that all a WR has to do is lower his head and if contact is made, the player is ejected.

Johnson went low but the WR went lower...complete bullshit.

Doesn't even fall into the "defenseless receiver" since the receiver was facing Johnson when the hit came...he saw Johnson and lowered his head.

It's bullshit that all a WR has to do is lower his head and if contact is made, the player is ejected.

Johnson went low but the WR went lower...complete bullshit.

Doesn't even fall into the "defenseless receiver" since the receiver was facing Johnson when the hit came...he saw Johnson and lowered his head.

That call was complete crap. The WR could see the hit coming, and lowered his head into the cornerback after the defender had already committed to the tackle. Can't believe they didn't overturn it when they went to the video. I don't think it would have mattered since our defense played incredible even without him, but the ejection was ridiculous. It was particularly ridiculous when juxtaposed against the hit the SS from Louisville put on our tight end a mere 60 seconds later that wasn't even flagged.

Both were fine hits. Kj led with his shoulder, not head, and the hit on serigne looked worse because the throw was high over the middle and got the wind knocked out of him

Are there any cliffs from the postgame? Did claws on comment?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That call was complete crap. The WR could see the hit coming, and lowered his head into the cornerback after the defender had already committed to the tackle. Can't believe they didn't overturn it when they went to the video. I don't think it would have mattered since our defense played incredible even without him, but the ejection was ridiculous. It was particularly ridiculous when juxtaposed against the hit the SS from Louisville put on our tight end a mere 60 seconds later that wasn't even flagged.

Well that hit was different, Serigne had his arms up and was hit under his arm/in his ribs, it wasn't at his head. Neither should have been penalized IMO

Lobo is averaging over 30 points and 400 yards per game this year.

:)

I didn't expect our offense to be worse than last year even with the losses.

You weren't paying attention, then. I said before the year our offense would be terrible. You expected us to lose a 4 year starter at QB, all of our RBs, and one of the 10 best WR Wake has ever had and then be better? Really?

In Div 2 with a QB who was a five star recruit. Nice try.

Lobo always complained that Grobe was way too involved with play calling and with working with the qb's. He also didn't like the way Grobe was hands on in recruiting.

:)

You weren't paying attention, then. I said before the year our offense would be terrible. You expected us to lose a 4 year starter at QB, all of our RBs, and one of the 10 best WR Wake has ever had and then be better? Really?

I realize what we lost from last year.

I'm not sure you did if you thought we would be better on offense.

We were statistically terrible on offense last year and there seemed to be not much motivation/focus in the unit and the coaching was suspect. I thought that a new scheme and coaching staff would have our offense better statistically than last year's team, which was like 121 out of 125 FBS teams. I was wrong, but addition by subtraction situations like this have certainly happened before in sports and they will happen again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back