• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Magazine - "Threads of Grace: Rodney Rogers"

Great read. Would love to see him at a game. Thanks for sharing.

Just a fantastic player and great human being. DM should see if he can get him to Winston for a game. Truly inspirational story. I was fortunate enough to see him play.

Been so long since I've seen our former coach's name in print.

That article had me in tears. So glad it was written and so glad I read it. Loved the stuff from Randolph. "I will call your ass all night long until you pick up the phone." LOL.

Thanks.

Met him as a kid at Campbell basketball camp. Amazing combination of strength, speed, athleticism. Love me some Rodney

great article. I was at Wake the same time as Rodney and we were all just in awe of him. my favorite Deacon

As tragic and sad Rodney Roger's situation is, the article did a first rate job in showing his inner strength and character as well as the loyalty and love of his wife and his friends, Jody Puckett (70) and Jenny Robinson Puckett (71). A must read for those that love Wake Forest.

He was the rock WF basketball was built upon for the next ~20 years. He showed that a top recruit could come to Wake, build a program, and have a good pro career.

Rodney-Rogers-Denver-Nuggets-Blue.jpg

RoRo's departure for the NBA after his junior season at Wake left a spot open for Dave Odom to sign an unknown tall kid from the Virgin Islands...

Back