• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Playing Cards??

OblongPickle

Reaction score
So I've recently started collecting Playing Card Decks as a hobby....I've got a ton of really cool custom decks from different playing card designers, and themed decks from some of my other interests (Marvel/Avengers/Iron Man, The Beatles, Elvis, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Mandalorian, Harry Potter and other different Novels/Book series [Peter Pan, Robin Hood, Beowulf, Mistborn, etc], etc etc).

I decided to search for some Wake Forest playing card decks, and there were 2 that I found that were just your run of the mill "Team Shop" cheap-ish decks, and I've bought those (Shown first below):

Wake1.png

and

__12.jpg__12 (1).jpg

....but I also found images of the deck below (Front and Back shown):

WAKEFOREST_FRONT.pngWAKEFOREST_BACK.png

It was apparently given out to donors in the Winter of 2015...not sure the exact requirements or donor level or anything, all the description said was a donor gift in 2015.

Does anyone here HAVE this deck? And if so, would they be willing to part with it? It seems like a really quality deck and I really GOTTA HAVE IT!

So yea, respond here or PM me if you have one or have a line on one!

(And for anyone interested in the other playing card decks I have, this link should show my collection, some of which are limited or extremely rare. I have a few decks that are Numbered 1 out of less than 100 ever made):

https://bit.ly/45OPr8t

Ok, thanks guys and gals and others!

I think I have it somewhere - definitely remember getting it and can’t imagine I would have thrown it away. Likely something that never got unpacked after my last move. Let me take a look and see if I can find it. If so, it’s yours.

Yeah, this is definitely something that I got. No clue where it is now, but zero shot I would get rid of it.

Oh man, that would be AWESOME! Just let me know!

It's so crazy sometimes when you're looking for a rare deck or one to complete a collection/deck series, or one that was only released to specific people...you search and search and search....I finally found one recently that I had been searching for for months...it completed a series of 30 decks and it felt so good to get the complete set.

These are a few of my favorite Iron Man decks:

Mk. 1 (Iron Man 1)

20230826_011212.jpg

Mk. 21

20230826_011242.jpg

Mk. 85 (Avengers: Endgame)

20230826_011232.jpg

I also have the Mk. 33 armor deck that opens like that, (what I call a spread-type deck)... and spread decks featuring the following characters/themes: Thor 1, Thor: Love and Thunder (Ultra Rare - 30/99), Captain America, Loki, and am waiting on the Doctor Strange, Spider-Man: Homecoming, the Iron Spider Spider-Man armor as well as the Black & Gold suit deck from No Way Home.

I know no one cares, but its fun to discuss my decks...I haven't had a hobby like this in a while.

I, too, have this deck and it is awesome.

The problem is my friends hate it because the suits aren’t black and red like normal and I guess they are idiots.

Didn't we have a student athlete a while back who was really into card tricks and collected cards?

Hey guys and gals and others! I just received Wakelaw2006's deck and they are FANTASTIC! A really quality deck of cards with plenty of detail and WF/Deacon iconography all over (I love the "rolled" A of Spades). Great little "Foreward" card about Wake's story and to enjoy your game but, "You're a Deac, you've already won." Awesome tuck box with multiple foil patterns and colors. Just shoots right up to one of my Top 5 decks I own.

ALSO, I like to collect multiples of certain decks, and this is one I'd love to have a few more of! PM me if you'd be interested in selling yours. Wakelaw2006 enjoyed a Sixer on me for the FB game for his deck! You can too!! lol

Hey guys and gals and others! I just received Wakelaw2006's deck and they are FANTASTIC! A really quality deck of cards with plenty of detail and WF/Deacon iconography all over (I love the "rolled" A of Spades). Great little "Foreward" card about Wake's story and to enjoy your game but, "You're a Deac, you've already won." Awesome tuck box with multiple foil patterns and colors. Just shoots right up to one of my Top 5 decks I own.

ALSO, I like to collect multiples of certain decks, and this is one I'd love to have a few more of! PM me if you'd be interested in selling yours. Wakelaw2006 enjoyed a Sixer on me for the FB game for his deck! You can too!! lol
her deck 😀 there’s only like 3 or 4 of us left on the boards, so I get the assumption that I’m a dude.

Ha... Sorry... I'm 90% sure I knew that, but I get people confused ALL THE TIME on here.... Especially with all of the posters with Wake or Law or numbers in their names.

My bad!!.... Won't happen again lol

her deck 😀 there’s only like 3 or 4 of us left on the boards, so I get the assumption that I’m a dude.
Too many women gone from the boards. Threads were more fun when more women were posting.

Back