• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest sports Mt Rushmore

That soccer tournament was such a great run. So many exciting games.

I'm no college soccer expert but the year after we won the title might be one of the best soccer teams of all time (college-wise). Just unbelievable.

The natty championship had so many twists too. The game was freezing cold, playing into OSU's favor. Their best player should have been thrown out for the cleats to the face of Jules, our best player. Instead, he scored the tying goal. A terrible offside call kept us from a clear scoring chance near the end of regular time. Then that game winner. Unreal experience. So many great players on that team. We were stacked on all three lines and obviously in goal.

Brian Edwards wouldn't be a bad choice.

Arnoux, Schilawksi

The flashy pick would be Tracy.

I'm not a soccer expert but Marcus Tracy was awesome to watch. He was a machine.

Amazing college player. Had injuries not ruined his legs I really do think he would have made a very serviceable player in Europe for his entire career. You can't teach that kind of athleticism.

By the way, the best player on that Natty winning side was not Jules, IMO. Phelan held the whole side together, Tracy was the most physically gifted, and Schilawksi was probably the best all around player.

And Wake's first and only lead in the Championship game was 2-1. Ohio State scored first that day. And Schilawksi scored with about 15 minutes left in that match, Townie. How drunk were you that day?!?! haha.

Barclay was better at football than Riley.

Can't put Zack ahead of Ike or Cronin or Tracy on the soccer mountain.

I was dead certain that Ike Opara was destined to be a mainstay in the USMNT setup for years. Missed that one.

Barclay was better at football than Riley.

Can't put Zack ahead of Ike or Cronin or Tracy on the soccer mountain.

Chris Barclay would be the 2nd face on my personal mountain. I loved watching that guy play. My personal list regardless of actual achievement: Duncan, Barclay, Downey, Nikita Whitlock

Crazy to see where the guys from those teams are playing now. Michael Lahoud, of all people, is one of the few who is still in the MLS.

Tracy was a pure scorer. Zack and Codi were better all around by far. Cronin is my boy. Captains San Jose now.

And yea dv7 I was getting details of the ACC final mixed up there. The cold and the Jules face injury were right.

And Phelan was sooooooo good. Absolutely on our soccer Mt Rushmore with Moose, Edwards, and name your forward. Parkhurst and Cronin HM.

I thought he was tremendous player as well. What happened?

Not entirely sure, but I don't think his multiple leg injuries have really helped his cause. Currently missing the rest of the MLS season because of an ankle injury for example.

Back