• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Texas is a pretty interesting story. They have never won a tennis championship, and then this year their coach gets fired mid season as part of the Felicity Huffman scandal and they rally to win it.

assume everyone top 6 is coming back besides gojo and petros. how good are the confirmed incoming freshmen?

assume everyone top 6 is coming back besides gojo and petros. how good are the confirmed incoming freshmen?

As of right now there are two very solid freshmen coming in, but they are not at the level of Gojo and Petros. But I could certainly see Bresky bringing in 1-2 more amazing players.

I'm not exactly sure what Botzer's situation is. He's only been at Wake for 2 years, but I don't think he came in with a full 4 years of eligibility.

I could see Nava being a solid 5-6 player for Wake next year.

Fingers crossed that Melios and Banthia can develop into top 3 players.

Bummer. Maybe the string of close matches against rivals did us in. I dont know. Proud of the program nonetheless

Being disappointed with #2 in the country is a pretty high standard.
Agree we should be very proud of this program.

Being disappointed with #2 in the country is a pretty high standard.
Agree we should be very proud of this program.
In the moment in hurts, but looking back I think this will be a part of a great run of success.

Sounds like we might take a step back next year

I have a question. I do not know much about the rules of College Tennis, but it seems to me a complete waste to put your top two or three players in doubles. The reward is really small - 1 point and the effort expended really great. Seems it would be better to play some of your younger or weaker players in doubles almost giving the point away than wearing out your top players for a single point. Seems like today our guys ran out of gas. It was a very hot and humid day. Do the rules limit how many guys you can play in a given match? Thanks for the info

I have a question. I do not know much about the rules of College Tennis, but it seems to me a complete waste to put your top two or three players in doubles. The reward is really small - 1 point and the effort expended really great. Seems it would be better to play some of your younger or weaker players in doubles almost giving the point away than wearing out your top players for a single point. Seems like today our guys ran out of gas. It was a very hot and humid day. Do the rules limit how many guys you can play in a given match? Thanks for the info

There is no rule regarding how many players can participate in a given match.

In order to win a match you need 4 points, and doubles can get you 25% of those points. Plus doubles is the first point, so it typically gives teams momentum. It was an anomaly this year that Wake was losing doubles yet winning the match.

Doubles is not very tiring and it’s only a single set, so it is rare to sit a player in doubles to rest him for singles. All the teams play their top players in doubles to try to get that first point.

Petros withdrew from the individual tourney, so he’s played his last as a Deac. One of the most accomplished athletes in WF history.

I think playing two in-conference rivals back-to-back was more physically and emotionally draining than it would have been to play two other teams. Rival matches are always tougher than other matches. We looked like we hit a wall a little ways into singles. Even though UNC beat OSU for us, I think the bracket screwed us.

Back