• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Good comeback win for Petros today 1-6, 6-4, 6-4 over former Minnesota #1, Felix Corwin. Into the semis tomorrow, presumably against Kevin King.

Tros into the finals with a 3-6, 6-4,6-3 win over Zeke Clark (Illinois). Nathan Ponwith (uga/az st) up next.

Thanks for the updates. Not bad for Petros given these are his first competitive matches in months.

solid win for him after being down 3-1 in the 3rd. Hope he and Borna can get good draws in the qualies for this weekend. If memory serves me correctly, Shapo and Berdych both have WCs into the main draw, leaving 2 available. I assume they are holding one in hopes Andy Murray would want it, but i think it's possible Petros could still get it.

unrelated to PC, incoming Fr. Taha Baadi, plays former Portland Pilot, and Cyprus teammate, Michal Pervolarkis, in vancouver qualies today. will be a good test.

solid win for him after being down 3-1 in the 3rd. Hope he and Borna can get good draws in the qualies for this weekend. If memory serves me correctly, Shapo and Berdych both have WCs into the main draw, leaving 2 available. I assume they are holding one in hopes Andy Murray would want it, but i think it's possible Petros could still get it.

unrelated to PC, incoming Fr. Taha Baadi, plays former Portland Pilot, and Cyprus teammate, Michal Pervolarkis, in vancouver qualies today. will be a good test.

Pervolarkis played Petros in the first round of the 2018 NCAA singles tournament. Petros had helped Wake win the team tournament the night before and was rather worn out from playing (and celebrating). Petros beat Pervolarkis in a close match, and then of course went on to win the NCAA tournament.

IIRC, Pervolarkis had Petros down and out in that match. He may have even served for it.

I thought Petros won 6-4, 6-4, but my memory may be off. I'll look into it...

I was wrong - Petros won 5-7, 6-2, 6-4.

Petros and Pervolarkis played doubles in the past futures tournament, but they lost in the first round to Ian Dempster.

Pervolarkis just won 7-6, 7-6. Baadi looks like a sure fire top 6 player. Bar, Melios, Baadi, Squire, Rezi, Sid look like our top 6.

Pervolarkis just won 7-6, 7-6. Baadi looks like a sure fire top 6 player. Bar, Melios, Baadi, Squire, Rezi, Sid look like our top 6.

I think Nava and Solomon might be able to crack the top 6.

It was announced today that Kevin Anderson took one of the wildcards.

I think Nava and Solomon might be able to crack the top 6.

After Nava's FR year at TCU, I would have pegged him for a top 4-5 guy for us, even last year. And Yuval has had some great results as well, just not consistently. While it appears we are going to be lacking that true top 10 #1/#2 player, we will again have great depth.

After Nava's FR year at TCU, I would have pegged him for a top 4-5 guy for us, even last year. And Yuval has had some great results as well, just not consistently. While it appears we are going to be lacking that true top 10 #1/#2 player, we will again have great depth.

Wake may win matches by having wins at #3-6, without the big wins at 1 and 2.

Dempster and Korey Lovett just won the Memphis ITF 25K winning 6-2 6-1 in final !

Baadi looks solid. He was up 3-1 on Gojo, but Gojo won 6-4, 6-4. Baadi has a good return of serve and a solid backhand.

Petros absolutely dismantled the #5 seed in qualifying, Canadian Peliwo, 6-1, 6-0. Petros served better than I have seen him in a long time.

Both guys gave great effort today even in losing we are all so proud of them

Back