• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest to change school colors; announces AD in waiting

Azdeac

Reaction score
Jan. 27, 2016

By Wake Forest Athletic Communications (@TieDyeNation)

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- In a surprising move this afternoon, Wake Forest Athletic Director, Ron Wellman made 2 bold announcements. The first being that Wake Forest will change its official school colors from Old Gold and Black to Fool's Gold and Charlie Brown.

In his statement, Wellman commented "The timing is perfect after our loss to UVA last night. This allows us to capitalize on this great occasion. Being a national university, it's important for us to reflect a culture that really matches our athletic department. Changing to Fool's Gold and Charlie Brown epitomizes the plight of Wake Forest fans everywhere. This has been in discussions for a long time and we reached a pinnacle last night leading to this announcement. This will bring us closer to our fan base and really level set expectations. I couldn't be happier with this decision."

Because Wake's history has been getting their fans hopes up before having the football pulled away, the new uniforms will be altered to look more like Charlie Brown's shirt with the jagged design and will require the above calf socks to always be visible.

The other announcement, preceded by Ron Wellman pulling off his mission impossible type mask revealing he is actually Lucy Van Pelt, was that Wake now has an AD in waiting. Lucy announced that Schleprock will be joining the athletic department immediately to start learning the ropes. Van Pelt is extremely confident that Schleprock will be able to continue the direction and culture of Wake athletics without interruption.

When asked about the rumors of the loud speakers playing "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who when the Deacon rides the Harley, neither Van Pelt nor Schleprock were willing to comment.

Upon hearing the announcement, ACC Commissioner John Swofford just laughed. "Out of all the ACC schools, they are the Charlie Browniest."

How many people do I forward this to with my aol email account? I am sure TheReff has already hit up at least 10 people with this pure comedy gold.

If he had only said it was from The Onion, people would have thought it was funny.

Back