• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest trying to avoid 7th straight ACC Tournament loss

tbird

Reaction score
Bz is delusional...actually thinks he has a future @ WFU... “We need to shoot free throws better, and we need to be tougher blocking people off,” [Redacted] said. “And that falls on me to have our guys be tougher, to make free throws and also to block off.
“And if not, then the alternative is to go recruit some guys who can.”

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/ac...cle_93d8cb65-b1b2-5d64-a558-151eb4c67c00.html

In a perfect world, his future at WF has less than 24 hours remaining in it. In Ron Wellman's world, it's like a tootsie pop.

Last edited:
The last time we won a game in the ACCT, Skip Prosser was still alive and coaching at Wake Forest. Think about that.

Jeff [Redacted], the Deacons’ embattled head coach, said that it's just too damn bad they can't play the thing at Joel Coliseum.
“How much more motivation would you need to play in one of the greatest basketball tournaments in the history of college basketball here in your own backyard?” [Redacted] asked rhetorically.

Nice of Dan to lay blame where blame is due.
Although it's odd that he chose to mention Travis beating Clemson for the first time but not UNC.

I would like to know how many ACC tourmament games we have won since Timmy left in 1997. My guess is 3 or 4. Anybody know?

I would like to know how many ACC tourmament games we have won since Timmy left in 1997. My guess is 3 or 4. Anybody know?

I think the answer is 6.
Tar Heels in 2000
Made semis in Skip's first year (won game when GT guy rolled up on Lepore's knee)
Won one game in 2003 as #1 seed
Won 2 in 2006 as last seed
Won one Skip's last year (Hale storm)

My educated guess is 6.

00 vs UNC
02 vs GT
03 vs FSU
06 vs FSU and State
07 vs GT

Beat UNC in 2000, GT in 2002, FSU in 2003 (we were #1 Seed, lost in Semis), beat FSU and NCSU in 2006 (we were #12 Seed), beat GT in 2OT in 2007. So 6 since 1998.

Wow. To both pieces, wow.

Perfect way to end that first one, with Bz not only throwing our players under the bus, but also implicitly admitting his inability to coach the players he has, and/or realizing his recruiting hasn't been up to snuff. Just confirming everything we've been saying for years now.

And that second one... Damn. Pointing out Wellman's hypocrisy, hunch-based decision making, and historical competitiveness bullshit... Damn.

Disco with the KO in these two pieces

74399303-new-hunchback.jpg

Here's a fun fact:

During the 1988-1993 streak, the worst lost was to UVA in 1991, a team that ended up an 8 seed in the NCAA tourney.

During the current streak, our "best" loss was to Maryland in 2009, the only one of the six teams to make the tourney (as a 10 seed).

Back