• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ Tulane - Monday 11/17 at 8PM ET (ESPN3)

I love Devin and think his intensity is just part of his game.

Yep. He's also probably always been the best player on every team he's ever played on and hasn't really been humbled even by the awful Bzaster. If he didn't play with as much energy or intensity he wouldn't be nearly the player he is.

Just read this thread in its entirety. You folks seemed to have covered everything. I enjoyed the final time out Manning called at about 2 minutes remaining. Team was showing their casual "we got it won" sloppiness and DM called a TO. His expression and behavior suggested he was not pleased and he would have none of it. Attitude and play changed. Like the deep rotation. The defensive effort shown last night is the best I recall in a long time. Enjoy the win. Prepare for Arkansas. The intensity level should rise dramatically.

I liked that he kept the starters in late, up 22, with 2, 3 minutes to go. We haven't earned shit yet. Its a good test to see what kind of team you are. Can you put the lock down on a team on the road and finish them off, or are you gonna get lackadaisical and play like its in the bag. Sure enough, things got sloppy and Danny called the TO to discuss. Its a very good teaching opportunity.

Hopefully Danny will fix that. He couldn't have a better mentor

Just really annoying the he mean mugs against all the super inferior players/teams but then has a tendency to get destroyed by any decent front courts

Yeah I agree with this. Just part of his evolution as a player hopefully. I think Manning is going to make some good strides with him. I feel like Devin has already improved his footwork and ball handling. The drop step against Asheville was very nice and he took it to the basket from 18+ feet a couple times yesterday. I have some concerns about his ability to do that against better, more athletic defenders come conference play, but he looks very confident with the basketball for a guy who is 6'9"

Just really annoying the he mean mugs against all the super inferior players/teams but then has a tendency to get destroyed by any decent front courts
This. Devin shouting at air and showing up inferior talent just rubs me the wrong way. Just play the game. Portis is projected to be a lottery pick in next year's draft, so it will be a good test for him.

A lot of players showed me something last night. McClinton had great effort and solid D. He grabbed some big rebounds and had some garbage buckets. I can see flashes of what he can become. Rountree showed that he deserves solid minutes, contributing in many ways. I love his decision making. Wilbekin is real quick and has a beautiful stroke. There was a lot of speed on the court for us when we had Wilbekin, Madison, and McClinton out there at the same time. Even Overton showed me something. He had a real nice pop off a screen for an open look within the flow of the offense.

Basically I was impressed with our efficiency. Went went REAL deep on the bench, but it seemed like whoever was in there (Overton, Wilbekin, Hudson, etc.) wasted no time in playing to their strengths. When you cycle in a shooter, he better get looks, a rebounder, and he better grab a board. And that was happening all over the court.

Well said. Manning is doing everything he can to get a team out of limited players.

A lot of players showed me something last night. McClinton had great effort and solid D. He grabbed some big rebounds and had some garbage buckets. I can see flashes of what he can become. Rountree showed that he deserves solid minutes, contributing in many ways. I love his decision making. Wilbekin is real quick and has a beautiful stroke. There was a lot of speed on the court for us when we had Wilbekin, Madison, and McClinton out there at the same time. Even Overton showed me something. He had a real nice pop off a screen for an open look within the flow of the offense.

Basically I was impressed with our efficiency. Went went REAL deep on the bench, but it seemed like whoever was in there (Overton, Wilbekin, Hudson, etc.) wasted no time in playing to their strengths. When you cycle in a shooter, he better get looks, a rebounder, and he better grab a board. And that was happening all over the court.

I'm just excited our offense has flow. It seemed like the last few years, there was a set play and if that didn't work, we winged it until someone had to create for himself. This year, it seems like there's a flow to the offense that is designed to give multiple open looks throughout the course of the possession.

I'm just excited our offense has flow. It seemed like the last few years, there was a set play and if that didn't work, we winged it until someone had to create for himself. This year, it seems like there's a flow to the offense that is designed to give multiple open looks throughout the course of the possession.

I'm not sure I've seen this active a half court offense/defense in a Wake team. Ever. Bz's teams ran some sets but didn't defend. Dino's teams got by on talent. Skip's teams didn't defend. You gotta go back to Odom, and that was tedious basketball too.

Last time this happened was Dec. 22, 2008 @ ECU.

Didn't we trounce BC on the road one year? Trying to find it.

It would be pretty amazing if Danny accomplished in his first road game what Bz couldn't for four years.

We did.. I was there. It was an ugly ass game where we happened to be the least bad team

Last edited:
Geez, then think how bad the guy who was the BC coach must feel! Getting trounced by Bzzz is not a great "resume builder".....in fact, it's a killer!

Donahue had a winning record against [Redacted]. 4-3.

Back