• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

So basically, besides the people who committed to come play for one of the worst coaches in history, 4-5 remaining Buzz fans, Wellman and some of our aging "culture club" fans, everyone else understands and supports the Quad rolling.

No.

What's your source? Because I've seen quotes or tweets from at least half the team in the past few days expressing disappointment in Buzz's firing. And other players saying they'd be back next year if Buzz was.

It has seemed obvious to me that the players and the athletic department (for the most part) really liked Bz. He recruited those players and he reinforced an "us vs. them" mentality for all of them. It will be interesting to see how the players respond if we land a huge hire and the Joel is packed next season.

Don't support the Quad rolling and don't feel that I fit into any of your groupings. Buzz was a bad coach, deserved to be fired and he is now gone. I'm happy about it, but to celebrate that with a rolling of the Quad should be considered a low point for Wake Forest. Hopefully, the new hire will help bring the entire fan base back together. I doubt any new coach would support the celebration of his predecessor resigning.

Don't support the Quad rolling and don't feel that I fit into any of your groupings. Buzz was a bad coach, deserved to be fired and he is now gone. I'm happy about it, but to celebrate that with a rolling of the Quad should be considered a low point for Wake Forest. Hopefully, the new hire will help bring the entire fan base back together. I doubt any new coach would support the celebration of his predecessor resigning.

very well said.

Of course some of the players appreciate Buzz. He gave them a chance to play in the ACC when they really have no business playing in this league.

Last edited:
But see that's the thing: the hope of our men's basketball program returning to something worth getting excited about is exactly what brought the students together enough to do this in the first place.

And let's just remember here: we're talking about a few dozen 19-year-olds who threw some ass paper into a few leafless trees because a 61-year-old millionaire resigned from a position that he sucked at and for which these 19-year-olds' parents partially paid for. OH NO THE HUMANITY.

Finally the bounce off rock bottom?

if we start winning again, the fans and players will all get over it

So basically, besides the people who committed to come play for one of the worst coaches in history, 4-5 remaining Buzz fans, Wellman and some of our aging "culture club" fans, everyone else understands and supports the Quad rolling.

I support the quad rolling, but I understand why people (a lot more than the sections you list) didn't like it.

That's exactly right!

In hindsight, I do kind of regret rolling it. Feel bad for the players for having to witness that and feel bad for Buzz's family. But feeling bad for Buzz? That's just ludicrous. Guy made roughly $5 million from here for absolutely sucking at his job for 4 years. And he was an asshat on top of that. Just watch his first WF interview with Kenny Beck.

Joshua Harris ‏@JoshHarris25 15h
Now I can understand why there's so much skepticism about pro day, my own school website doesn't even rave about the performance. Lol

I can't wait until Josh Harris just fades into oblivion. Insufferable almost to follow. In his mind he must seriously think he is such hot shit.

Nah. We screw up this next hire and we'll see lower lows for sure.

I honestly believe that we make a solid hire given how badly Wellman bungled the last one. There are more decision makers involved, and EVERYONE knows that we must win the press conference. Shaka, Howland, Miller or White. I think that is the list. Hopefully, they don't get down the White.

I honestly believe that we make a solid hire given how badly Wellman bungled the last one. There are more decision makers involved, and EVERYONE knows that we must win the press conference. Shaka, Howland, Miller or White. I think that is the list. Hopefully, they don't get down the White.

Hope so. Right now we have hope for the first time in a long time. Judging by that disaster of a presser yesterday, I'm not totally convinced the administration gets it. Could go either way at this point.

In hindsight, I do kind of regret rolling it. Feel bad for the players for having to witness that and feel bad for Buzz's family. But feeling bad for Buzz? That's just ludicrous. Guy made roughly $5 million from here for absolutely sucking at his job for 4 years. And he was an asshat on top of that. Just watch his first WF interview with Kenny Beck.
Think it's closer to $7 million. $1.39 million x 5. Even if he's only getting half for year 5, still over $6 million.

Back