• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Or childressfor3's thread saying Rountree, Jones and Washington were asked to transfer.

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 33s
Wake Forest RB Josh Harris' actual 40 times at yesterday's pro day were 4.44 and 4.45. More pro day reports

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 33s
Wake Forest RB Josh Harris' actual 40 times at yesterday's pro day were 4.44 and 4.45. More pro day reports

Orly_5c69d9_709357.jpg

CJ Harris ‏@cjharris11 15m
Seeing that the quad was rolled today really got under my skin.

dearica marie hamby ‏@dearicamarie 22m
Alright ,enough bad mouthing [Redacted].I'm gonna unfollow the next person.Like a)NONE OF U COULD EVEN TURN A D3 SCHOOL AROUND let alone coach

Why would anyone be surprised that players would take this personally?

@DeaconTREE33: "Rolling The Quad" should be reserved for glorifying the success of Wake Forest University, not for the disrespect of another HUMAN BEING.

CJ Harris ‏@cjharris11 15m
Seeing that the quad was rolled today really got under my skin.

dearica marie hamby ‏@dearicamarie 22m
Alright ,enough bad mouthing [Redacted].I'm gonna unfollow the next person.Like a)NONE OF U COULD EVEN TURN A D3 SCHOOL AROUND let alone coach

I don't know who that hamby person is, so I'll leave that one be, but that's some bullshit from CJ Harris.

You don't ask for passion from a fan base and then get upset when that very same fan base shows passion. Fucking nonsensical.

Dearica Hamby is possibly (probably?) our best women's basketball player ever.

You mean Wake Forest has a girls basketball team? Shut up Butthead.

Dearica Hamby is our best women's basketball player ever.

FIFY

Aaron's and CJ's posts bum me out because on some level, all of his nonsense is clearly personal to them. Gotta say, though, that if they felt otherwise it would bother me. At the end of the day, Buzz was a guy whom they knew well, far better than any of us. I hate that it came to this, that our AD is so self-absorbed and so derelict in his duties that there was essentially a revolt. I wish Buzz the best but couldn't be happier that our players are, I hope, going to get a coach who can get the most out of them. The only thing that made me sadder than these posts was thinking about a 3/4 empty Joel. They deserve better than that and if Wellman does his job this time, they'll get better.

FIFY

Aaron's and CJ's posts bum me out because on some level, all of his nonsense is clearly personal to them. Gotta say, though, that if they felt otherwise it would bother me. At the end of the day, Buzz was a guy whom they knew well, far better than any of us. I hate that it came to this, that our AD is so self-absorbed and so derelict in his duties that there was essentially a revolt. I wish Buzz the best but couldn't be happier that our players are, I hope, going to get a coach who can get the most out of them. The only thing that made me sadder than these posts was thinking about a 3/4 empty Joel. They deserve better than that and if Wellman does his job this time, they'll get better.

+1

If we get a legit coach, they'll realize how bad Bz was.

Wake fans who want to win rolled the quad today. God bless them. Sad sack players who blame themselves or blame the fans need some perspective and a reality check. When you fail miserably in life, you lose your job even if you're besties with your boss.

FIFY

It saddens me that CJ isn't apparently self-aware enough yet to realize that the "culture" spewing out of the Ath Dept about "winning the right way" was a direct knock on his 1st college coach and many of his former teammates.

If we get a legit coach, they'll realize how bad Bz was.

Wake fans who want to win rolled the quad today. God bless them. Sad sack players who blame themselves or blame the fans need some perspective and a reality check. When you fail miserably in life, you lose your job even if you're besties with your boss.

Agreed.

I had this same discussion with a friend the other day. I'm in sales. If I had four years in a row in which I didn't make quota (and quite frankly, didn't come close), I'd be gone before you could say "BuzzOUT." Further, I wouldn't get a $1M going away present. The rolling of the quad was a collective release of four years of frustration by a fan base led by an AD who acted like a third world dictator.

It saddens me that CJ isn't apparently self-aware enough yet to realize that the "culture" spewing out of the Ath Dept about "winning the right way" was a direct knock on his 1st college coach and many of his former teammates.

I think you're reading too much into it. I'll bet if you asked CJ, he'd say that Buzz needed to go. I don't think he connects the quad rolling with a smearing of his buddies, which, of course, we do.

Who did not make it to year four and graduate like CJ. He can say whatever he wants.

Back