• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Ron Wellman should start compiling a list of quotes to release when he fires Bzzz similar to the list of quotes he released when he hired him.

In addition to the Ty quote, we should see if we can get JTT, Ari, Desrosiers, and Chennault to contribute.

What NBA team inquired about Ty? Some gm needs to be fired.

Looking for camp bodies. The Rockets have 22 players on their roster right now.

Ty basically got fired from a job, and is disappointed said employer didn't give a glowing recommendation when called upon as a reference.

What a joke. Ty needs to look at himself and not blame others for his shortcomings

Buzz needs to stop with the 2-3 pounders and go after some 4 & 5 pounders. He'll never compete in the local ponds if he's depending on those kinds of fish to produce trophies. Sure, every now and then you catch a 2 or 3 pound fish, release him, and then in 2 or 3 years you catch him again and he is a champion specimen. But you can't base your whole fishing routine on that strategy. And when is he going to go after some really BIG catfish? He's caught some long skinny ones, but nothing with any girth that would be reliable in an entire fishing season.

I would prefer to have a good culture of 2 and 3 pound fish than a championship with 4 or 5 pound fish that occasionally get in trouble. I just can't wait until his 2 to 3 pound fish get into the same trouble as his 4 or 5 pound fish. He is setting himself up to get fired.

Some 4 pound fish were in the boat before Bz got in the boat but they jumped out when he got in.

NBA teams inquire about Walker for the same reason he can get paid to play overseas. You can't teach 7 feet.

Ty forced [Redacted] to kick him off the team after [Redacted] gave him more chances than he deserved. And, despite his endless big talk over 4+ years, Ty never really contributed anything to the team, and perhaps proved more detrimental than anything.

So, what exactly should Ty have expected him to say? (note - I do not ask what Ty actually expected him to say)

Almost impossible to.turn Bz into a sympathetic figure, but it seems Ty is the man for the job.

I just don't know why everyone in the world is out to make Ty Walker fail. Poor guy can't catch a break.

It would seem that a fair assessment of Buzz's actions would depend in large part on the nature of the comments and why he made the comments. If, as folks are speculating, someone asked Buzz for his assessment of Ty's basketball skills, then there's no problem in being honest. However, if Buzz reached out, unsolicited, to trash Ty, particularly if it wasn't related to performance related issues, then it becomes more questionable.

Regardless, I doubt it helps recruting to have a former player say that his former coach trashed him to NBA executives. Most students wouldn't be excited about coming to Wake if professors were known for trashing students to potential empoyers.

Ty just added the first legitimate credibility Jeff [Redacted] has accumulated while at Wake Forest.

Amazing to think that after 4 years as a scholarship athlete at Wake Forest, his first positive contribution to the team and to his coach would come now.

Keep it coming Ty! Please tweet that Jeff [Redacted] had nothing to do with your development or your skill set. Maybe add that he was always hard on you and thought your attitude needed an adjustment that it clearly didn't. If you could also tack on that he unfairly wanted you to give 100% even when you had a vision the previous night that you might get injured - you might lock up Shelton for us.

Forget joining the Deacon Club, these gifts are what we really need.

It would seem that a fair assessment of Buzz's actions would depend in large part on the nature of the comments and why he made the comments. If, as folks are speculating, someone asked Buzz for his assessment of Ty's basketball skills, then there's no problem in being honest. However, if Buzz reached out, unsolicited, to trash Ty, particularly if it wasn't related to performance related issues, then it becomes more questionable.

Regardless, I doubt it helps recruting to have a former player say that his former coach trashed him to NBA executives. Most students wouldn't be excited about coming to Wake if professors were known for trashing students to potential empoyers.

You mean Ty? NBA? :confused:

[/B]

You mean Ty? NBA? :confused:

he means that a recruit sees/hears that "that wake coach bad mouths former players" can't be good for recruiting. most high major kids we want at wake believe they can (or at least want a shot) play in the nba. if those kids believe he would trash a player that's a problem.

i am pretty sure many kids that play bball at that level might also hear rumors that ty has his own issues so it may be a non issue in the long run.

Back