• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest - ULM Game Thread

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Decided to not go to the game today. Can't support this athletics department. Someone please take a photo of the crowd near kickoff.

Last edited:
This came from ULM's game notes:

In all references, please refer to us as ULM. We are ULM, not Monroe, La.-Monroe, LAM, La.-Mon, UL
Monroe, UL-M, LMU or any other variation. We are the University of Louisiana at Monroe, not Louisiana-Monroe.

My, my, prickly aren't we?

Made me laugh, because you just know that their marketing/branding dept. just goes into fits trying to get this word out, and everyone keeps calling them "Louisiana-Monroe" and shrugs their shoulders. We'll see if the announcers abide by this "rule."

There! I changed it! OK?!?

I don't think they're well-known enough to just be called ULM. The average college fan likely doesn't even know what ULM stands for.

Torn between watching this and Everton-Chelsea. Leaning toward soccer.

Wake Forest Football ‏@WakeFB

Fans, it's time for our Twitter ticket upgrade! If you find these in the next 15 minutes, they're yours! Ready, GO! pic.twitter.com/p8UarLecXi
BUIlGgiIcAAo_Sc.jpg:large

I'd go tackle the shit out of that guy.

We got an email from ULM about the name stuff as well, Doofus has spent all week calling them UL-Funroe haha.

My name is Paul Allen, and I will call you Monroe. You'll respond only to Monroe, is that clear? The school nods.

We know we can't count on the coaches to make the right decisions some times and we know this new offensive is questionable.

BUT- if you are watching this game like I am (From Chicago on espn3) let's cheer for the players on the field who are really trying to make something out of what they have been given. You know some of these guys really do want to win and give it 200% on each play. Lets watch and cheer for these guys.

#LOBO out
#Wellman out

GO DEACS!

I wonder if they give away free Texas Pete at Texas Pete Tailgate Town? They misspelled Stan Cotten's name.
Wake Forest Football ‏@WakeFB

Stan Cotton is live with his pregame radio show today. Listen live at Texas Pete Tailgate Town or at WBRF 98.1 FM
BUIj_HyIYAEQ2p8.jpg

Someone please take photo of the crowd right now.

That's actually a pretty cool idea for a pre-game tailgate show. Plus I like all those guys under the tent. MrDave, Stan, and Phonso do good work.

Also just in case anybody else forgot (or didn't know - like me until yesterday) this game starts at 12:30 not 12 haha.

That's actually a pretty cool idea for a pre-game tailgate show. Plus I like all those guys under the tent. MrDave, Stan, and Phonso do good work.

Also just in case anybody else forgot (or didn't know - like me until yesterday) this game starts at 12:30 not 12 haha.

I agree, though I miss Bill Urbanik.

Today's uniforms look so amateur hour. White helmets, black shirts, white pants. Just looks like we are throwing pieces together at random.

Back