• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest University Coach Named By FBI in Bribery and Academic Fraud Scandal

It is from the main tennis recruiting website https://www.tennisrecruiting.net/player.asp?id=732353 It is a legit ranking, based on his performance in USTA matches. He has several years worth of rankings and matches. He also has a solid Universal Tennis Ranking, based on beating several other strong players. His 3-4 record is in college. He red shirted his freshman year. I've watched him play other college players - he's a legitimately good player, he's just not good enough to play top 6 on one of the 5 best programs in the country, but he's a good practice player and always at matches. I'm near certain he will play in some dual matches by the end of his time at Wake.

fair enough. dont mean to question you...just with the news of coaches making up recruits to make their lives easier...seemed an easy dot to connect. then someone brought up American ranking in tennis as if that has any relevance in who plays collegiant tennis. good to hear he actually deserves his spot on the team

I don't see where the Hannity kid ever uses his last name. Maybe I'm missing it. Is he not using his last name to prevent razzing from opposing players/fans at matches? If so, man that is rough.

People so desperate to smear Sean Hannity they'll attack his kid who, for all we know, is a good kid and represents our national champion tennis team.

People so desperate to smear Sean Hannity they'll attack his kid who, for all we know, is a good kid and represents our national champion tennis team.

I'm not a fan of his dad, but Patrick seems like a good kid and really good teammate.

I don't see where the Hannity kid ever uses his last name. Maybe I'm missing it. Is he not using his last name to prevent razzing from opposing players/fans at matches? If so, man that is rough.

He was listed as "Patrick Hannity" on the Wake website his freshman year, and then it was changed to "Sean Patrick" last year. I'm certain that was to decrease the potential for harassment/unnecessary attention from students, opponents, fans, etc.

Is that the sole fight on immigration at this point? Are you that ignorant of the issues with immigration?

Yes I am familiar with the immigration issues so why don't you "educate" me on what you think I don't know about it smart guy and we will go from there

EDIT Never mind, this is supposed to be the sports board and I am pretty sure they don't want it cluttered up with more talking points form either side.

Yeah go to the politics board, there you either join the small group of QAnon incels like Lectro (probably where you fit), troll, fight with M&Ms or just kinda watch it all burn.

Yes I am familiar with the immigration issues so why don't you "educate" me on what you think I don't know about it smart guy and we will go from there

EDIT Never mind, this is supposed to be the sports board and I am pretty sure they don't want it cluttered up with more talking points form either side.

Lol. Nice dodge.

And now a parent in CA has filed a $500 billion (yes, BILLION) lawsuit because her son may not have been accepted at one of the colleges.

He was listed as "Patrick Hannity" on the Wake website his freshman year, and then it was changed to "Sean Patrick" last year. I'm certain that was to decrease the potential for harassment/unnecessary attention from students, opponents, fans, etc.

And dickheads here

I'm sure Sean Hannity is not our only big athletic booster or other contributor who loves Trump and those sweet, sweet tax cuts. The last thing Wake Forest needs is an ideological purity test for donors.

What's gross ? You hate Hannity so he shouldn't offer his plane to the team to make their travel incredibly easy ?

The fact that they appear to be trying to hide it -- why are they doing that? Is only the tennis team benefitting from "incredibly easy" travel because they let his kid be on the team -- that seems shady. Is that the norm?

Regardless, I know plenty of Trump supporters and I am sure there are plenty that donate to Wake -- Hannity is a different animal. It's not a good look for Wake. You can be fine with it -- I'm not.

The fact that they appear to be trying to hide it -- why are they doing that? Is only the tennis team benefitting from "incredibly easy" travel because they let his kid be on the team -- that seems shady. Is that the norm?

Regardless, I know plenty of Trump supporters and I am sure there are plenty that donate to Wake -- Hannity is a different animal. It's not a good look for Wake. You can be fine with it -- I'm not.

What is it you're not fine with? The fact his kid goes to Wake or the fact he gave a plane for the tennis team to use or both?

I'm sure Sean Hannity is not our only big athletic booster or other contributor who loves Trump and those sweet, sweet tax cuts. The last thing Wake Forest needs is an ideological purity test for donors.

Our big guys will take money from anybody, even the Koch boys.

Back