• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs Army @West Point - Check In

How does Clawson say we aren’t making adjustments on D at half because “they worked so much to prepare for their O???” Hemphill should be fired immediately as I don’t care how much you prepared beforehand but if your D is getting punched in mouth then you have to make adjustments. Put 9 or 10 in the box…..

I think I understand what DCDeac is trying to say - that we could still have a great season w/o winning today.

You are a fan of this team - how could you not care about staying undefeated against a team we are beating at halftime and are clearly better than?

To be clear, I absolutely hope we win this game and stay undefeated. I hope we make the CFP. In response to posts calling Wake an embarrassment, garbage, crap etc. based on this being a close game - I was just making a point that there's a reason it's a close game and it's not the end of our season if we don't win it. Nor is it a joke or pathetic or whatever else it was being called.

Smenda and Andersen are playing like dog shit. Over pursuing everything, not staying home, missing assignments and tackles. FUCK

Andersen has fallen on his face 5+ times today

They throw the old cross body block downfield. That is illegal. Seems it is un-American to enforce the rules.

Let's start taking our some knees on their side also. It's only fair.

i like andersen but him and zion keith as safeties is no bueno.

We just need a break here or there on defense. A single turnover, or even a big tackle for loss likely wins this game. They just need, SOMETHING.

Great halftime adjustments

I guess 20 minutes couldn’t fix what 10 minutes a week messed up.

Maybe next time, we have a scout defense that spends the whole season preparing for Army and they can start.

To be clear, I absolutely hope we win this game and stay undefeated. I hope we make the CFP. In response to posts calling Wake an embarrassment, garbage, crap etc. based on this being a close game - I was just making a point that there's a reason it's a close game and it's not the end of our season if we don't win it. Nor is it a joke or pathetic or whatever else it was being called.

abandon all nuanced arguments ye who enter here

The fact that we aren’t blitzing and bringing Redd up more is driving me nuts.

Well no surprises here. Our defense has been sucking.

Pretty sure most of these cut/roll/crack back blocks are pretty illegal. Not to mention dangerous.

I'm a baseball guy.... Could someone explain to me how it's legal to just take a guy out by the knees like army is doing

It's not. Lineman can cut block within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage as long as they're in the tackle box, the ball is in the tackle box, and the block is directly away from the ball. This isn't what Army is doing. They're chop blocking which is illegal.

abandon all nuanced arguments ye who enter here

It’s not really nuanced to say we shouldn’t call the defense bad in a close game because it’s a close game because the defense is bad.

Back