• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

sazqzrT.png

Well done and thanks for my new Christmas avatar.

Last edited:
I didn't do that. But I could be dealing with false facts. After all, Ron Wellman stood up there and told us all Jim Grobe resigned.

You know Wellman is lying when his lips are moving. His [Redacted] "resignation" press conference was amazing.

Has there been any meaningful update since Friday afternoon? Been out of the loop this weekend. Thanks.

The ACC fined VT and Louville $25k and that's the end of their involvement.

Thanks. Sounds like a meaningless punishment to me. Also not understanding how only Galloway was suspended, and just for a game.

I trust what Wellman says more than Elrod, but only slightly.

I actually do not. Wellman is a notorious liar. I have more confidence that Elrod comes clean (at some point) than I do that Wellman ever will on his terrible management of the AD.

Did Galloway, deliberately, arrange for the documents to be found? If not him then who was responsible for such a dumb ass mistake? Did said person realize that accepting and using the info, considering the point spread, was unnecessary? Did they believe that Louisville would tarnish their image in their handling of the issue?

Ah, the real reason Louisville suspended him? And perhaps the reason no other coaches were suspended?

Do those thousands of people not vote? Or not have the ability to call their legislators?

Certainly they do but obviously could not change the law in the time the conference took to decide to make the move. My point is if you can take a political stand based on principle that adversely affects a lot of innocent people you can take a stand based on principle when member schools clearly cheat and then lie about it. And the fines levied against Louisville do not constitute taking a stand.

The number of people affectedby the move of the ACC Championship pales in comparison to the number of people affected by the economic loss to this state caused by that needless law to begin with.

I don't disagree with that but not my point. My point is if Swofford and the Presidents can get so bent out of shape over politics that they make decisions affecting innocent people in a huge way, they can get just as fired up about schools cheating and lying and do something meaningful.

When are we going to find out that Elrod has a gambling addiction?

When are we going to find out that Elrod has a gambling addiction?

Never.
I don't read this as Elrod gambling and trying to do something in that arena. I don't know him personally, but the whole situation looks like it was about career advancement for his former colleagues. Maybe with the hope that they would return the favor and get him a new coaching job.

Another possibility is that he wanted the Bill Faircloth (Assistant Athletic Director, Football) role as the "continuity coach" who is at Wake through multiple head coaches. As a double deacon and already having ten plus years at Wake, he might have felt he should be the successor to Faircloth, and when passed over for that role, really became vindictive

Would rather it be gambling problem. Would be easier to accept and the Feds would get involved; therefore,
more investigation and others getting in trouble for it.

Sorry if this is already been asked and answered, but has anyone reconciled why this article from Dan Collins here says that Clawson informed Wellman of the breach the day before we played Lousiville, but Clawson told Mike and Mike that they didn't realize the significance of the info until an hour before the game?

Thanks in advance.

Dan got wind of the Elrod leaks before it broke last week or Dan got wind of the stolen info story right after the Louisville game? There are two discreet points in time here. Did Wake publicize that Louisville had this info after the game last month on its own? Or did Dan bring that about? Same question a month later about Elrod's involvement.

Elrod probably leaked the info to him.

Won't happen, but I would like to hear the 100 percent honest truth as to what his motivation to do this was. We can speculate and I'm sure one of the theories is close, but only he can say exactly what his motivation was.

this leach will probably put out a book, that will be how we find out.

this leach will probably put out a book, that will be how we find out.

So was there anything from Duke after the initial 'no comment' to the press ?

And anything from Army or Indiana ?

Sorry if this is already been asked and answered, but has anyone reconciled why this article from Dan Collins here says that Clawson informed Wellman of the breach the day before we played Lousiville, but Clawson told Mike and Mike that they didn't realize the significance of the info until an hour before the game?

Thanks in advance.

Based upon his M&M interview, I inferred that Wellman was notified of a potential issue the day prior but the severity of the problem was not discovered until shortly before game time when the OC reviewed the detailed plays on the note cards.

Based upon his M&M interview, I inferred that Wellman was notified of a potential issue the day prior but the severity of the problem was not discovered until shortly before game time when the OC reviewed the detailed plays on the note cards.

Seems odd that someone thought it was significant enough to take to the AD, but not significant enough to take to the OC. There's probably a good explanation, but it seems odd. Just my own curiosity. Not a big deal, I guess.

Back