• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

It was a clear black night, a clear gold moon
Warren R is on the field, trying to consume
Some plays for the game, so he can get a win
Just roll out of the pocket? Bust a long run?

Just hit the westside of BB&T, on a mission trying to bust up the ACC
Seen a book full of plays, ain’t no need to tweek
All you Deacs know what’s up with QB Tommy

So I plan a hook and lateral outside to Lewis
Petrino rubs his road rash so I said let’s do this
They jumped the snap and I thought “what’s up?”
Devonte done sacked Wolford so I said “I’m stuck.”

Since ol’ Wellman peepin’ me Imma glide and swerve
The AD lookin so hard I just might get served
Gonna think of better things than some plays with tricks
Hook the ‘Ville up with deets, Claw’ll get his fix

I’m getting jacked, I’m beside myself
I can’t believe, they’re taking Warren’s wealth
I won’t get a ring, better check my rolodex
I looked at Todd Grantham and said, “damn, what’s next.”

D’s got the boys hemmed up and they all around
Don’t matter if Wake goes by air or ground
Gotta get out real quick before Wake starts to clown
Bet the under in the first half so my losses are down

My shotgun plays are dead, already fourth down
I can’t believe this happened in my hometown
Let’s hope this punt flies while my fate I contemplate
I glance to the booth and my eyes fill with hate

Six teams we have beat but we’re still in a hole
Now Wake’s backed up even further cause they had to hold
QBs droppin, Claw is yelling it’s a tad bit late
Now it’s time for Warren R. to go Ruggulate

If it got out who got playbooks man, heads would explode
Now I switch my mind back into Deac mode
If you want stats step back and observe
I just left a stack of plays over there on the curb

Now Claw’s teams have scored, and that’s a known fact
Before I got jacked I was on the same track
Back up, back up, now get sacked
C-L-A-Dub and me, Warren the OC

Just like I thought Wake is in the same spot and in need of some desperate help
The Elrod and Coach Petrino were in need of something else
One of these plays is tricky as hell when run to the strong side
My coach is broke down and this seems real nice will ‘Ville let me ride?
I gotta book full of plays and it’s going real swell
Next stop is the graybar motel

I’m freaking, on a whole new level
Cards have stepped to this, those devils
Suck, on a whole new level
Rushing’s a disgrace and our passes look straight evil
Runs…throws… they brings…tackling

Offense, where rhythm is lost and losses are rhythm.
If you throw like we throw, you’re prolly gonna pick-off this
It’s the Wake Sucks era and Elrod must’ve caused all this
If you run like we run, then we’ll lose most every game
And if Elrod is a traitor, Warren R. will Ruggulate.

Holy schnikes. Dayum!! You did mic drop or keyboard toss after this right??

The equipment manager found the plays before the game. That would mean our staff knew Louisville may have access to plays we hadn't run before and we ran them anyway.

So we shouldn't have run any plays at all during the game? Brilliant PhDeac logic action there.

You're not wrong, but the comments section of anything on the interwebz is going to be the dregs of humanity, regardless of audience or topic.

if u care more about seplling than telling theirs the door folks

Not sure if this had been mentioned yet, but I recall a couple of years back us playing Clemson and one of the players dads saying that Clemson's defense were yelling out our plays as soon as they were called in. This may have been near the end of Grobe's tenure, it has been a few years back. Is it possible that Elrod was selling out this info when he was still a coach?

Grobe DID hold open practices. I mean anyone, any time, any day. Good thing Clawson has gone with closed practices. LOL.

A prime WFU question...can we sue Elrod?

Watching coverage on College Football Live, this is freaking embarrassing.

Grobe DID hold open practices. I mean anyone, any time, any day. Good thing Clawson has gone with closed practices. LOL.

A prime WFU question...can we sue Elrod?

Yeah I think Grobe was one of the few left to have that policy. Can imagine how tight access will be now after this mess. Whoever, the new color guy is on the radio will probably be lucky to get a roster sheet before the broadcast.

I enjoy how donnieross went from saying if he was Tommy Boy's lawyer he would have him out in front of cameras STAT with his side of the story and then not 1 hour later said that Tommy Boy has to stay quiet.

It is that level of consistency that I value in a poster.

Dude, come on. It's Wake Forest football. Nobody's heads will roll and everyone but us will forget this even happened by Friday. This will end the worst way possible - nothing happens to Elrod beyond getting fired, Wellman uses the "investigation" to justify his continued job for the next 5-8 years, and we'll still suck in both major sports.

Yep. This. Wellman is far too worried about his status in the conference to call out other schools who may be implicated. Wellman is fine with Wake being the conference punching bag as long as those checks keep coming.

So we shouldn't have run any plays at all during the game? Brilliant PhDeac logic action there.

I take running them anyway as more of a way to confirm suspicions, rather than laziness or something more ill-advised.

Anyone that thinks Ron Wellman had the final say in this being released really has no clue as to how a university works. Wake Forest doesn't release this if it hasn't been approved by Hatch first. And Hatch isn't going to approve releasing it if he doesn't first know it isn't going to put the university at risk.

I can almost guarantee there was a meeting yesterday involving Hatch, Wellman, whoever is in charge of PR for the university and at least one, if not multiple, lawyers. Maybe a few other people, but at the very least, those listed.

Of course, and you don't think Wellman is running that meeting? Hatch is a patsy, especially with regard to athletics. This is Ron's show from start to finish. And anyone who trusts him to take the correct action at this point given his history is a goddamn moron.

And I'm not saying that Elrod is innocent, he probably did it. But this is being released/spun this way by Wellman for particular reasons, you can be damn sure of that. Whether or not it blows up in his face has yet to be seen. What are the odds a "settlement for an undisclosed amount" will be reached with Elrod sometime in the next few years? I'd say over 50%.

Back