• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

100% agree. WF should have no issues with Quander representing Elrod. Hard to understand why people are straining to cast blame on anyone other than the perpetrator.

I haven't cast any blame whatsoever. Just wondering out loud whether it's a smart decision on Quander's part.

I mean seriously, the nonchalance of the letter vs the description of the disclosure is amazing.

totally. it's a complete admission of guilt. the part that got me was that Galloway shared it with the DC. takes it to a whole nother level

What's the life cycle ceiling on this story? Should we assume additional information is slowly going to trickle out in the next week or so, in which case this story will maintain a presence in sports media until at least our bowl game? Not great for the school or the program.

Yeah that is bad. Not sure what extent it goes to.

Like did he diagram plays on the phone/on paper, or say something that could have been found out anyway ("Wake likes running deep outs on 3rd and 7")?

There's a big difference between "Wake likes running deep outs on 3rd and 7" and "Clawson has been practicing deep outs all week for 3rd and long situations." We don't know which Elrod did. I doubt things would go this far if it was the former.

Already, Louisville using both the causation and public domain defenses to obvious trade secret misappropriation. Nice.

It seems like UL easily could have confirmed that information--at least about the plays--after the initial story broke

Love how the Louisville statement acts as if it's completely normal to have someone with ties to the opponent contact the coaching staff and send over a handful of plays during the week of the game.

+1000

That statement - when I read it - made me want to take a shower.

Sorry if this has already been posted, I'm sure it has, but Galloway in on it:

CzqczLwUoAAira8.jpg

LOL. This is basically the "I didn't inhale" defense.

"We stole plays and didn't tell anybody, but hey, they didn't run them, so no harm, no foul".

Wake probably didn't run them because they had already discovered before the game that UL had insider info.

Of course UL's statement from the AD even contains a grammatical error. #fourthtier

I'd imagine the reverse & jet sweep handoff were potentially compromised new plays. If so, they were run during the game.

It seems like UL easily could have confirmed that information--at least about the plays--after the initial story broke

Petrino is already on record as lying as he made multiple statements that they had received no information and had no idea about any of it.

Take note, 2&2. This is what a statement released without the aid of good legal counsel looks like.

Yep, just like Wellman, apparently their AD can hire whatever shingle-hanger outside counsel he wants.

Back