• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

This just sets up a feel good story where we finish 10-2 with a high powered offense next year and go to a New Years Day bowl. Odds it happens? <1%

But we can dream.

Apparently, for the past couple of years they did know. Hopefully, we'll be seeing a return to TJDK next season.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/wake-forest/article121146923.html

Wake Forest said on Tuesday it had contacted all the parties involved in the case. Ten other schools on Wake Forest’s schedule, from 2014 through this season, confirmed on Thursday that they are not involved in the incident.

Officials from Louisiana-Monroe, Utah State, Florida State, Syracuse, Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Notre Dame, Tulane and Virginia said on Thursday they have not been in contact with Wake Forest. Officials from North Carolina and N.C. State came out on Tuesday and clarified they were not involved. Duke has declined to comment.

The only team on Wake’s schedule from the past three years that has not responded to a request from The News & Observer is Indiana. Wake Forest played the Hoosiers in 2015 and ’16. Indiana also had a former Wake Forest assistant, Brian Knorr, on its staff in 2015.

Knorr is now a quality control assistant at Ohio State University. Efforts to reach Knorr, via Ohio State on Thursday, were unsuccessful.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/wake-forest/article121146923.html#storylink=cpy

Wakeyleaks on deck on Around the Horn.

I haven't watched this much ESPN news or commentary programming in a long time.

Bill Plaschke says that Wake is at fault for cheating? Do these idiots actually read what is happening before speaking?

Bill Plaschke says that Wake is at fault for cheating? Do these idiots actually read what is happening before speaking?

He clarified like two seconds later that he was talking only about Elrod.

No team I would rather have proven dirty than Duke. The "no comment" is a great start.

#2 topic on PTI.

The media members acting like this is no big deal are fucking idiots and they only feel that way because its happening at Wake Forest.

The media members acting like this is no big deal are fucking idiots and they only feel that way because its happening at Wake Forest.

Its really no big deal. Its Wake Forest Football. Who gives a shit? We should probably settle down before this bro offs himself over just being pissed at Dave Clawson. Gee, he was on pace to maybe make half a mil a year like his buddies coaching football till Clawson came in. Wonder why he was pissed.

It's hard to be unbiased when you call somebody a friend. Clouds your judgment.

Good on you to come back and say your piece.

Yeah. No sweat and no need to apologize DR. 20 years is a long time to know someone. Defense is the natural first reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to see just how long the NCAA can remain silent on this. We have one school who admits to cheating. One that does not deny and apologized for something, two more that have been notified, and a P5 Conference headquarters investigating. The NCAA talks when there is a minor self reported recruiting violation.

Don't hold your breath. How long has UNC been under investigation?

For what?

What would the damages be from? Wolford never had a chance at the NFL.

Broken ego, temporarily losing his starting job, all the injuries hes suffered. Who knows, back in 2014 when Wolford was brimming with future potential (or was it 2016, cant remember) had teams not known what plays he was running he could have been carving up defenses like a young Tanner Price. And think about all those bread-n-butter inside handoffs where he would throw a quick fake pass after giving the ball off. The defenses had to know he wasnt really ever gonna throw it because that actual play doesnt appear to have been in the playbook where he kept it and passed it. And this is just me rambling while listening to an answering machine at work. Give me time and I can come up with some more examples.

Wolford's lawyer only needs to roll tape of Wolford getting annihilated in the pocket on a weekly basis to establish injury. Also, I'm sure Wolford has a long list of injuries, including a separated should against... yes... Louisville (which kept him out of the Clemson game, and impacted his effectiveness against BC). Wolford is going to have no problem establishing injury. The weakness of any such case would be causation, as Wolford would need to prove that his injuries were caused by Elrod providing information to opponents. What would hurt Elrod is that his conduct is so reprehensible and that if there is any even remote causal link between Elrod's communications and the plays that led to Wolford's injury (I could even see an argument that because WF had to scrap it's gameplan; WF became easier to defend, and that resulted in Wolford's injury), a Winston-Salem jury is going to hose Elrod.

Back