• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

What about the defensive coach(es) that received the info from Galloway? This doesn't seem like where a genuine show of accountability and honesty would end. Why is no one asking that question? We were told by UL that the info was given over to defensive coaches.

Yeah you would think so. It seems like they're very good at self-imposing "penalties" so they get softer treatment/out of the spotlight. Same thing happened with the basketball scandal.

To answer the second question, no one here is asking that question probably because we don't have high expectations for the Louisville athletic department. Hopefully the ACC handles it appropriately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two things I want to know...were we way under the total on the games in question? Maybe he was just betting the total. Also, did Clawson or any other coach ever suspect something was wrong in any of the games Elrod gave up?

Wow, the ACC really laid down the hammer with a 25K fine for both Louisville and VT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the announcer on ESPN just said of the weak ACC response, "If you are going to get involved, get involved." $25,000 is just a way of saying 'we did something'.

The release I saw said $25,000 is the max allowed under ACC bylaws. Seems low for that to be the max. It also reports there were 4 games and 3 teams involved (Army twice).

Unless we hear from Elrod, that's all she wrote on this story.

Cz6PPX_XEAA3RAz.jpg:large

A $25,000 fine is the max for cheating, which is what this is, give me a break!

Last edited:
Honestly, at this point we need to just accept that we will never be allowed on a level playing field with the big boys.

Poorly written bylaws if that is the max penalty for cheating

I don't know for certain, but I'd assume it wouldn't be the max "penalty" but rather just the max fine. The joke to me isn't the low fine, it's that they decided, despite the max fine being a low number, that was the best course of action rather than applying some other more severe penalty (suspensions, schollies, postseason, etc.)

Now I am really worried about Clawson leaving at the first opportunity. What a chicken shit penalty!!! Not sure I would want to coach in such a league. Be interesting to see what Wellman says--probably nothing. Might be max fine, but there could be other consequences.

Back