• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-FSU Game Thread

Devin Thomas is going to pan out to be one of the more memorable players to ever wear a Deac uni...undersized at C but plays with all kinds of heart. Love him already.

Devin Thomas is going to pan out to be one of the more memorable players to ever wear a Deac uni...undersized at C but plays with all kinds of heart. Love him already.

I agree. He has great rebounding instincts and remarkable timing. I doubt that those things can be taught. Devin also plays with great passion. I trust he can stay injury free. BTW, I think Green showed similar passion and effort. He and Devin could be a force on the boards in the future.

I agree. He has great rebounding instincts and remarkable timing. I doubt that those things can be taught. Devin also plays with great passion. I trust he can stay injury free. BTW, I think Green showed similar passion and effort. He and Devin could be a force on the boards in the future.

One of the announcers said something today about CJ and Devin being the leaders on the team. Devin looks like the type of guy that hates to lose and will take a leadership role as an upper classman.

Green may have the same passion but last year he was no where near Devin's game.

When you look at Devin's game it's pretty scary
- rebounds
- blocks shots
- great passer
- now can finish around the basket
- looks to have a nice 8-10 foot jumper
- can make the outlet pass
- plays defense
- plays with passion
- most importantly appears to learn quickly

It will be interesting to see if he can avoid hitting the freshman wall.

Devin is a hero in the making.
CJ played his best defensive game that I can remember. I really thought Travis might have too. It's no coincidence.

I have never seen a team play so differently at home and on the road. Amazing

Youth -- 7 freshman like the friendly confines and home fans/family. This is a tight group of frosh but right now the two veteran guys need the kids to play with more nerve and less nerves on the road.

I take Jeff at his word that his 1st season was more of a hand-hold than a year to teach...I give him a pass in an age of dwindling patience and consider this year 2 of the [Redacted] regime.

This team is performing at an expected level and the rookies have exceeded expectations.

A baby hook in the lane and a steady 12 foot face up --- Dave Cowens. Relentless. Devin Thomas.

*Some said I couldn't take it to the left but how about that cross-racial dribble drive with a wayback finger-roll high off the glass? --- Dave Cowens... and he had the socks to boot!

A baby hook in the lane and a steady 12 foot face up --- Dave Cowens. Relentless. Devin Thomas.

*Some said I couldn't take it to the left but how about that cross-racial dribble drive with a wayback finger-roll high off the glass? --- Dave Cowens... and he had the socks to boot!
I liken him more to another Celtic big-Paul Silas.

Noon starts (whether football or basketball) will always have terrible student attendance at WFU.

And everywhere else in the world, because they're just damn ludicrous.

Last edited:
I liken him more to another Celtic big-Paul Silas.

Love some Paul Silas...nice. He once averaged 20 boards a game at Creighton. The "Red Head" went 6'9 and 230 and, though long armed, I doubt he had a reach near Devin's 7 foot 1 wingspan. Red did have really good hops though -- springy -- and once averaged over 17 boards a game while at FSU...had a high of 31 against LSU (2nd all time NCAA)

Love some Paul Silas...nice. He once averaged 20 boards a game at Creighton. The "Red Head" went 6'9 and 230 and, though long armed, I doubt he had a reach near Devin's 7 foot 1 wingspan. Red did have really good hops though -- springy -- and once averaged over 17 boards a game while at FSU...had a high of 31 against LSU ()

Where do you get the idea that 31 rebounds in a game would ever be "2nd all time NCAA"?

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/2011/D1.pdf

Hell even Dickie Hemric had 36 in a game.

Back