• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Fundraising Strategies?

JonasDeac

Reaction score
I was working on my taxes today and realized that after 5+ years of biweekly paycheck-deduction based donations to WFU, I'd stopped making any donation when I switched jobs in July. I know it's only been a few months, but I haven't seen any communication from Wake regarding continuing my donations. They clearly have my information as they mailed me the same thank you card every couple months, you'd think they have some basic analytics program to figure out who's stopped/reduced their donations and a plan in place to reach out to those people.

Maybe there are too many of us stopping donations due to the Buzz debacle for them to contact everyone, but now that I think about it I'm a bit disappointed they don't care to have lost my donations. I'm probably going to start a new donation plan on my own (new company doesn't offer paycheck deduction donations), but it'd be good to know someone at Wake at least notices those who donate besides scribbling out some illegible thank you from time to time.

Anyone else out there discontinue their donation and receive different treatment?

They will pick up on it within the year. I discontinued my annual donations maybe two years ago and get nice letters every so often. I got one last week.

Mr. Krispy Kreme Book-cooker has you listed now as a $50,000 a year donor with all contributions being made in cash.

yep, got a nice hand-addressed letter last week.

I would guess that the times they've inquired, they got an earful.

Back