• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake getting 33 points this weekend

Reaction score
Where the line vs Louisville opens. The numbers on this one aren't pretty. Louisville is #1 in the nation in scoring offense. We are #116.

Wake is #14 in scoring defense. Louisville is #21.

Louisville was held under 33 points by Duke and UVa in the last 4 weeks.

Tough line. Hard to see us breaking 20 and it's very possible Louisville will break 50.

33 points. Not enough. Petrino is looking for style points. I think they'll pitch a shutout. In 1974, the Deacs played #1 Oklahoma and #2 Penn St in consecutive weeks. The scores were 63-0 and 55-0. History could repeat itself in the next two weeks.

33 points. Not enough. Petrino is looking for style points. I think they'll pitch a shutout. In 1974, the Deacs played #1 Oklahoma and #2 Penn St in consecutive weeks. The scores were 63-0 and 55-0. History could repeat itself in the next two weeks.

You're being kind. The '74 team went five games without scoring a point. Combined score 210-0

Stupid to compare the 1974 Deacs to this team. The 1974 team was one of the worst teams of all-time. They went 1-10 and were shutout 5 consecutive games (an NCAA record).

WF is better than last year's team that held Louisville to 20. WF can beat Clemson a week from Saturday.

UVA lost to Louisville and us by 7 in consecutive weeks, so this bad boy's going into overtime.

I think of Louisville as the big dumb dog that can mess around with its prey but, when angry, will just annihilate it. Problem is, the way their season has unfolded and they're on the outside looking in, and per Petrino's comments, they're angry.

Stupid to compare the 1974 Deacs to this team. The 1974 team was one of the worst teams of all-time. They went 1-10 and were shutout 5 consecutive games (an NCAA record).

WF is better than last year's team that held Louisville to 20. WF can beat Clemson a week from Saturday.

L'ville and Clemson are trying to impress a committee. L'ville to get in the playoff and Clemson to unseat as #1,'Bama if they happen to lose. The '74 Deacs played those teams in early October. In '82, Clemson beat us 82-24 in order to impress the pollsters. It worked. They were voted #1 the following week. I can see us having more 3 and outs then 1st downs in both games. A 40-20 time of possession is likely too. Nothing would make me happier than rubbing it in Petrino's face in his house. I just can't see it happening.

L'ville and Clemson are trying to impress a committee. L'ville to get in the playoff and Clemson to unseat as #1,'Bama if they happen to lose. The '74 Deacs played those teams in early October. In '82, Clemson beat us 82-24 in order to impress the pollsters. It worked. They were voted #1 the following week. I can see us having more 3 and outs then 1st downs in both games. A 40-20 time of possession is likely too. Nothing would make me happier than rubbing it in Petrino's face in his house. I just can't see it happening.

I don't think Louisville beating LOWF 60-something to whatever is going to move the needle. Louisville already did that to FSU and Cuse. It's baked into the rankings.

We really should've beat them last year in what was an incredibly poorly played game by both teams. We've both come a ways

We have no pressure. See what playing loose is like for the Deacs.

Yeah, it's house money the next 2 weeks. Play loose, see if we can catch a few breaks and if somehow we win one of them, it would be one of the biggest wins in school history.

I don't see it being "LOWF mentality" to think they will cover the spread....They are that good and we're still working on getting there...Harsh reality...

I don't think Louisville beating LOWF 60-something to whatever is going to move the needle. Louisville already did that to FSU and Cuse. It's baked into the rankings.

Agreed... But beating LOWF by 7 points would definitely hurt. So the motivation is definitely to run up the score, if possible.

I don't see it being "LOWF mentality" to think they will cover the spread....They are that good and we're still working on getting there...Harsh reality...

If there has ever been a game we could lose by 50 and not just feel awful about it, this is it. You look at what Louisville has done to FSU, Syracuse, BC and they are that good. They're also capable of almost losing to UVA and Duke giving them all they could handle at home, so maybe that Louisville shows up Saturday night?

Back