• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s NCAA Regionals May 6-8; Men's NCAA Regionals May 13-15

Women’s match has been delayed almost an hour so guessing likely start in am.

terrific play by the men today in cold windy rain. The coaches had them ready to play, nice job today!

Pate with first point on board for women with Kuehn and Lopez both up 2 with 3 to play and our other two down.

The Wake men had the low round of the day. Brennan tied for lowest individual round today and was named co-champion after 5 extra holes. The women earned the ACC team championship after play was suspended because it was too dark. Classic Wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s over called it with darkness. Deacs given the win on seed.
Fortunately the match was basically over with Deacs winning. If we were going to lose the match, only for darkness to call it, not sure that's a championship I'd be bragging about.

That was a "kiss your sister" way to win. But in this case, your sister is pretty good looking.

If match were completed we’d likely have won 4-1….so glad to see us ending a tough spring on a high note. So over the last 15 years how many ACC titles have the women won v the men.

Whatever Kim and Ryan make it’s time for a raise.

Onward to the NCAA

And it’s the only one in 20 years…not acceptable for men’s golf
I really can’t agree with that in this day & age of super talented teen golfers and a schollie limit of 4.5. Very unlike it was in our hey day of the 70’s when it seemed like unlimited schollies & fewer schools with teams. I mean we had B-to-B natties in 74-75 with Haas, Strange, Thore, Argabrite, Byman & Saylor. That was 6 sting dudes for 5 spots. Had them all back in 76 and didn’t make it out of regionals. Plus we had a “B” team that played matches and a guy named Scott Hoch was on that and couldn’t even get into “A” matches till junior year. Then became the first to win B-to-B ACC titles in 1977-78. (Arnie won several too but first couple were SoCon & last was ACC in 1954).

I mean there is a 15 year old from FL with a + 6.6 handicap and just finished T20 in a Korn Ferry tourney! Just a different day & age to think we should dominate like the 70’s when we are highly ranked most years and again in the ACC match play tomorrow.

UNC really putting on a show.

Is Duke missing a star player or two? Feel like they’ve been consistently ranked but they are down bad.
They did two years ago when we were the 4 & them the 1 and we beat them in the semis on our way to the title. Anything can happen in match play.

I really can’t agree with that in this day & age of super talented teen golfers and a schollie limit of 4.5. Very unlike it was in our hey day of the 70’s when it seemed like unlimited schollies & fewer schools with teams. I mean we had B-to-B natties in 74-75 with Haas, Strange, Thore, Argabrite, Byman & Saylor. That was 6 sting dudes for 5 spots. Had them all back in 76 and didn’t make it out of regionals. Plus we had a “B” team that played matches and a guy named Scott Hoch was on that and couldn’t even get into “A” matches till junior year. Then became the first to win B-to-B ACC titles in 1977-78. (Arnie won several too but first couple were SoCon & last was ACC in 1954).

I mean there is a 15 year old from FL with a + 6.6 handicap and just finished T20 in a Korn Ferry tourney! Just a different day & age to think we should dominate like the 70’s when we are highly ranked most years and again in the ACC match play tomorrow.
FYI - Asking for more than 1 ACC title in 20 years is not asking to dominate like the old days.

unc finished only 6 shots clear of second. They struggled bad on the back nine

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Back