• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s NCAA Regionals May 6-8; Men's NCAA Regionals May 13-15

So finished back 9 at even which has to be a shot in arm for team. Parker just bogeyed #2 but hoping we can get that back and get back to neg. territory.

The reality is the top 7 appear pretty locked as they have all been consistent and 5+ shots clear of the field. And just so happens they are top 7 ranked teams so showing the rankings are legit. So really going to come down to a battle for that 8th spot and I would bet it’s down to us Tech and Gators for the final spot.

Apparently missed a Fitz bogey as well 😫. Front 9 was supposed to be our time to shine! Letssss goooo

Need to stay within contact of Arkansas. Not out of the question that Texas or ASU could have a bad day tomorrow and come into play.

Possibly but we cannot afford to give up too many more shots and have a chance for final 8. If we drop to 15th at +36 you are done as no way you are going to make up 7-10 shots on 6-7 high quality teams. Just too much to overcome. Staying @ +30 or better is a must to stay in striking distance of the handful of teams that will be battling it out for the last couple of spots…

Possibly but we cannot afford to give up too many more shots and have a chance for final 8. If we drop to 15th at +36 you are done as no way you are going to make up 7-10 shots on 6-7 high quality teams. Just too much to overcome. Staying @ +30 or better is a must to stay in striking distance of the handful of teams that will be battling it out for the last couple of spots…

Fitz with a birdie to get team back to even and tied with Tech and 2 behind Arkansas. Too bad Powers off today as no room for error for others, but they seem to be playing well.

I need some good news. Come on DEACS!

Unfortunately no good news as instead of the birdie train it is a bogey train starting. Just 2 inside cut line and trending worse by the min. Appears yet another choke job to come but at least they were in shorts!

Well. We at least rallied to not be DFL. We look like we'll miss the cut. Which is disappointing after winning the ACC. But mostly in line with our ranking. All in all a good year. Just hoped for better

Well. We at least rallied to not be DFL. We look like we'll miss the cut. Which is disappointing after winning the ACC. But mostly in line with our ranking. All in all a good year. Just hoped for better

Come on. The team is currently 27 strokes clear of DFL.

I understand WF fandom leaves bruises but that is a miserable outlook.

14 holes left to play among 4 players whose score will count and can only drop another stroke…

Power +8 through 6 on the front. Yeesh. Has the wind picked significantly? Those are large numbers.

Parker with a quad and Scotty with a double and we are officially out. Unless you think a -4 is possible 🥹

I’ve been paying attention for around 40 minutes and our three scoring golfers not named Fitz have dropped 12 strokes to par. Our dropped score has dropped 6 strokes to par.

Come on. The team is currently 27 strokes clear of DFL.

I understand WF fandom leaves bruises but that is a miserable outlook.

Oh I'm mostly just being goofy. But we're closer to last than first. I just thought with Fitz. Power. Brennan. We had a very tough squad. Especially if we could make match play. But. We are who they said we were.
giphy.gif

I actually think this team has a really good chance of making match play if we have Fitz for round 1. Throw in being in the morning wave, as well, for round 1 and that’s the difference. I don’t think they win match play by any means given the talent at the top, but it would’ve been fun to see.

Back