• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Going Back to Cali for the NCAA Title; Women: May 17-22; Men May 24-29

Who is this referring to?
I think he is talking about Kuehn - she didnt break 70 in the stroke play and am not sure she did in the match play either (although didnt need to finish yesterdays afternoon match!)

Are we thinking Mimi will be able to be fully rehydrated and ready to go today???? Sounded like she was already having issues needing an IV Mon night and that was before 2 rounds in the blazing sun where sounded like she was becoming delirious in the interview?

Let's hope so as she has been playing some great golf.

The young ladies seem to be gritty competitors. All respect and admiration from me, and, I think, all of us here who irrationally love our Deacs. I can't play golf worth a darn, so I look at the Wake women with more than a little wonder. Fighting the good fight, and, whatever the outcome, they have given us a reason to be proud. Not something we take for granted.

Are we thinking Mimi will be able to be fully rehydrated and ready to go today???? Sounded like she was already having issues needing an IV Mon night and that was before 2 rounds in the blazing sun where sounded like she was becoming delirious in the interview?

Let's hope so as she has been playing some great golf.
Maybe she plays better when she's blacking out?

Big spot for Walsh against the Giant Killer from yesterday

Hard to see that girl pulling it off twice as combination of Zhang actually playing her worse round after being 19 strokes better over the first 4 rounds and Navaroosa playing better than her earlier rounds. Walsh was 15 strokes better and that includes the 11 on par 5, so Walsh should be heavy favorite. Was much more Zhang losing holes and going over par vs. Brianna getting a bunch of birdies. But golf is all about confidence and the USC girl has it and a putter that their coach acknowledges is one of the team's best so if close and comes down to pressure filled putts????

So here is a look at the match-ups with current ranking as well as their place after the 4 rounds with their 4 day qualifying scores:

#1 Migs (#28/58th in field with + 8) vs. Kou (#55th/48th in field with +5)
#2 Chacarra (#27/21st in field with -1) vs. Park (unranked/2nd in field with -9)
#3 Kuehn (#4/28th in field @ E) vs. Avery (#49/31st @ +1)
#4 Rhodes (UR/31st in field @ +1) vs. Wang (UR/only 2 rounds played @ +7 but won her semi match)
#5 Walsh (#19/7th in field @ -6) vs. Navarasso (UR/61st @ +9)

So Walsh and Rhodes should be favorites, but given recent play the top 3 matches look like toss ups unless our ranked girls start to play to their ranking which they haven't really done to date in this tourney. Should be fun to watch.

Will need Kuehn & Walsh to step up big today.
Hard to see that girl pulling it off twice as combination of Zhang actually playing her worse round after being 19 strokes better over the first 4 rounds and Navaroosa playing better than her earlier rounds. Walsh was 15 strokes better and that includes the 11 on par 5, so Walsh should be heavy favorite. Was much more Zhang losing holes and going over par vs. Brianna getting a bunch of birdies. But golf is all about confidence and the USC girl has it and a putter that their coach acknowledges is one of the team's best so if close and comes down to pressure filled putts????

So here is a look at the match-ups with current ranking as well as their place after the 4 rounds with their 4 day qualifying scores:

#1 Migs (#28/58th in field with + 8) vs. Kou (#55th/48th in field with +5)
#2 Chacarra (#27/21st in field with -1) vs. Park (unranked/2nd in field with -9)
#3 Kuehn (#4/28th in field @ E) vs. Avery (#49/31st @ +1)
#4 Rhodes (UR/31st in field @ +1) vs. Wang (UR/only 2 rounds played @ +7 but won her semi match)
#5 Walsh (#19/7th in field @ -6) vs. Navarasso (UR/61st @ +9)

So Walsh and Rhodes should be favorites, but given recent play the top 3 matches look like toss ups unless our ranked girls start to play to their ranking which they haven't really done to date in this tourney. Should be fun to watch.
Also worth noting that Navarrosa has stepped up her game consistently in match play. 2-0 in this event (including a win vs Rose) and made a run to the quarterfinals in the US Women's Amateur last year. I don't want this to come down to that final match, despite how well Walsh is playing.

Will need Kuehn & Walsh to step up big today.

Also worth noting that Navarrosa has stepped up her game consistently in match play. 2-0 in this event (including a win vs Rose) and made a run to the quarterfinals in the US Women's Amateur last year. I don't want this to come down to that final match, despite how well Walsh is playing.
Great point and didn't realize that fact as some are just wired for match play and she could be that player especially since she has a great putter.

I enjoy the match play format for the team semifinals and finals. It makes it much more of a team sport. Both matches yesterday were compelling to watch (although they had way too much coverage of Rose Zhang considering how non-competitive her match was)

Emilia wins the first
EmEX-MVW0AAoTUz.jpg

Back