• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Going Back to Cali for the NCAA Title; Women: May 17-22; Men May 24-29

Wake Forest teammates Georgia Ruffolo and Caroline Smith qualified today for the match play event of the USGA 4 Ball Championships, held in Washington. They first had to go through a local regional qualifier, then shot -3 the last 2 days to advance.

nuts- I was incorrect. my apologies, especially to the two deacon players in the tournament. the women were last ones out in a playoff for the match play. Still shows the high caliber of all the players on Wake's team.

maybe it's my lowf mentality but seems our men's golf always underperforms slightly, so very little hope as the 5th highest seed and only 5 moving on so not any room for slippage.

maybe it's my lowf mentality but seems our men's golf always underperforms slightly, so very little hope as the 5th highest seed and only 5 moving on so not any room for slippage.
after I say that they drop like a rock and now in last and 6 strokes out of 5th and 9 out of first. Not the start you want to see against a tough field.

Awful start. They need to make up some serious ground or the back 9 or risk playing themselves out of the tournament.

bleh first day from a team that has been playing really well. Not out of it, but we need to bring it tomorrow.

Not shocking that Rose Zhang won the individual title yesterday. She's really good, as is the rest of that team.

Lots of good scores today, but Deacs with lowest round at the moment as most teams are about halfway done.

WF has the 6th lowest round of the day at -3. Bama is -9, and four other schools are -5 or better. The key is that WF is 8 shots out of 5th (Duke is currently 5th).

Lots of good scores today, but Deacs with lowest round at the moment as most teams are about halfway done.
3 bogeys and score not so good for the day with a # of others going low. Still 8 strokes out of 5th so cut a stroke off, but really need to get it to low single digits by end of day to give ourselves a chance.

Need to cut the deficit to 5th to around 5 strokes...currently 10 back early in our 2nd nine. Currently dropping our best player's score.

2a4uqo.jpg

Made a little run

Having a good day with more holes remaining than the teams ahead of us. But the question is whether yesterday killed us, as we have only picked up 3 out of 11 shots on 5th place. Hopefully can get within 3-4 heading into tomorrow, but still a lot of work to do.

Back