• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake head coaches, Hatch, Currie taking 10% pay cut to offset COVID-19 financial hit

Just the difference between a quality individual and our basketball coach. I just love how much Dave Clawson is our football coach!

Just got an alert that Hatch, Currie, and all Wake head coaches are taking 10% pay cuts.

Just got an alert that Hatch, Currie, and all Wake head coaches are taking 10% pay cuts.

I don't know, and am efforting to find out, if it's actually all coaches taking a 10% cut, of if that's just how high Currie and Clawson went and the others are lower percentage.

Doesn’t mention manning by name. Makes you wonder.

Wondering how close Hatch, Currie, and all Wake coaches salaries are to $150 million.

560 × 240

Gonna be a bunch of peanut butter sandwiches for these folks! I hope they can cope. Prayers.

Last edited:
Unimpressed

giphy.gif

None of these guys or women were obligated to take any cut. So in my mind it is a good gesture, if mostly symbolic. Kudos to them all. Can't we be appreciative of kind gestures anymore?

Unimpressed

People with competitive, high paying jobs make a high salary for a reason. The 10% by Currie and Clawson is good show of leadership for the University and other places (Danny). Other places have done a 0% pay cut, some 5%, so I consider 10% by an AD and Football HC very good. They didn’t have to do any, which is what many would do.

Good move. I wonder how long it will apply for.

Currie should give up 1/365 of his pay for every day that Manning is our head coach since the loss to pittsburgh in the ACC tourney. That would be a nice gesture and might speed things up a bit.

Back