• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake is a #1 Seed!

Well deserved honor. Never forget that our coach was murdered by Jesus in the prime of his career. I mean, has that ever happened to another school anywhere in any sport? No it has not.

if we're the #1 seed, I'm all in on the #4 seed in our bracket

Wake may be #1 but not for the Duke, UNC and good lord NC State envy the article emphasized. Our fans are miserable because we've all seen the heights Wake is capable of achieving only to have endure unreasonably long stretches of wretchedness due to gross mismanagement. I never hear why can't we be UNC or Duke, I hear why can't we get back to what we were with Rogers, Childress, Duncan, Howard, Paul, Johnson and Teague.

I never hear why can't we be UNC or Duke, I hear why can't we get back to what we were with Rogers, Childress, Duncan, Howard, Paul, Johnson and Teague.

Not buying this as I was in school during the Childress & Duncan years and there was still a ton of pissing and moaning (pre-message boards) over not advancing far enough in the NCAA's.

And I still remember after the Cleveland St. debacle that more than a few posters were on the "I would rather suck then flame out again in the NCAA's" train. How did that work out???

Every school has it's miserable fucking fans but it feels like Wake has a higher ratio of mff's even when the basketball program didn't suck.

We should have advanced farther with those teams and if we had those kind of quality teams again then we would be in position to do so. Still think it's our own program's shortcomings that make us miserable than envy over the programs down the road.

Well deserved honor. Never forget that our coach was murdered by Jesus in the prime of his career. I mean, has that ever happened to another school anywhere in any sport? No it has not.

Northwestern - Football - Randy Walker

Ok that really did make me laugh

ETA: Ronny and the Pit of Misery

If they also did their research they could toss in the that we have the most 1/2 seed without making the Final 4 since the field was expanded to 64 teams.

Back