• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Ken Pom Thread: 2014-15 Preaseason = 104, Currently = 125 Season Over

We're back! Top 100 Bitches! Suck it VT, FSU and Clemson!

Also not related to KenPom at all, but was doing some reading after looking over the rankings and each team is paid $2 million for competing in the Battle 4 Atlantis. Not a bad pay day at all.

Without the two additional Atlantis games included we're projected to go 15-14 (6-12). While we knew the OOC schedule would be a joke, it's just laughable.

Ranks of the first five teams we play: 306, 280, 337, 267, 342. The lowest chance we have of winning one individual game there is 90%.

I think we make it through those games 7 halves to 3.

Also not related to KenPom at all, but was doing some reading after looking over the rankings and each team is paid $2 million for competing in the Battle 4 Atlantis. Not a bad pay day at all.

Seems high. But I guess it makes economic sense or they wouldn't keep doing it. Also, with a #91 ranking at least NIT expectations are fair?

Reasonably fair. As pointed out in a couple other threads, Wake needs a lot of wins to make the postseason given our boring OOC schedule.

6. Duke
9. Syracuse
10. UNC
19. Virginia
20. Pittsburg
32. Notre Dame
37. BC
44. Maryland
58. Ga Tech
62. Miami
72. NCSU
91. Wake
96. Clemson
105. Florida St
154. Va Tech

Without the two additional Atlantis games included we're projected to go 15-14 (6-12). While we knew the OOC schedule would be a joke, it's just laughable.

Ranks of the first five teams we play: 306, 280, 337, 267, 342. The lowest chance we have of winning one individual game there is 90%.

Since we only play the ACC teams ranked below us 4 times, 6-12 assumes that we will get two wins against teams ranked above us.

Since we only play the ACC teams ranked below us 4 times, 6-12 assumes that we will get two wins against teams ranked above us.

Yeah it's based on expected value of wins. So if you have a 40% chance of beating somebody above you, even though you would say individually that you should lose the game, you have a few 40% games over the year so you're going to win around 40% of them if the model is close to correct.

"we're projected to go 15-14 (6-12)" = NEW COACH

I can't see a single way you could justify a fifth year.

Thu Nov 28 8 Kansas L, 76-65 70 15% Neutral #ThanksgivingMoralVictory

Thu Nov 28 8 Kansas L, 76-65 70 15% Neutral #ThanksgivingMoralVictory

I'd bet the house on Kansas if I had to only give 10. I love Devin, but he's going to have his hands full with Joel Embiid.

That will likely be close to the final KenPom line for that game since Wake is probably not going to drastically move up or down against bottom dwellers. I think if we win anywhere between 10-20 in those games we will still be around the 90th position (with a margin of error around 5-10 spots).

That will likely be close to the final KenPom line for that game since Wake is probably not going to drastically move up or down against bottom dwellers. I think if we win anywhere between 10-20 in those games we will still be around the 90th position (with a margin of error around 5-10 spots).

A Vegas line of 10 would get me to seriously consider coming out of sports betting retirement.

Back