• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Kicker of the Future

Sgt Harp

Reaction score
Interesting piece on Wake's future kicker and his recruitment. Excerpt:

As Boys' Latin junior Dom Maggio impressed the coaches at Wake Forest's kicking camp last June, he had no idea that the Demon Deacons' recruiting coordinator knew his name well.

Thirty years ago at UCLA, Bill Rees recruited another local Maggio who could kick pretty well, too. Kirk Maggio became an All-American punter for the Bruins, so when his son Dom emerged as one of the top young kickers and punters in the country, Rees noticed.

The two men had lost touch over the years, but as Kirk Maggio sat in the Wake Forest stands that day, he heard a familiar voice calling his name.

"I looked down and I couldn't believe what I was seeing," Kirk Maggio said. "What are the chances that the same guy who recruited me would be recruiting my son? .....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...ll-maggio-punter-2-20141029-story.html#page=1

Hasn't missed. Wake special teams is the best in the country per football outsiders' efficiency ratings. He's the sixth best kicker so far this year.

Think how many points our kicker would have if our offense could get across the 50.

I guess Adam Centers is redshirting this year? He was a highly touted kicker out of high school with most sources having him as a top 3 kicker nationally. Has anyone heard anything on him?

Back