• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Most Likely to Upset

Selling our Clemson game in '84 was a profile in courage. Bernbp5 is right about his scheduling idea. That's why losing to Bill Callahan's Nebraska team in '07 still hurts. The recent Miami games are another example. I wish we could have played Michigan when Rich Rod was there. This year, I wish we had Texas, A&M, Baylor, Iowa, or Michigan St. maybe LSU. This would be our chance to hag a pelt on the wall. We might get one of them in a bowl game.

That Nebraska game did sting, but the Ole Miss game the next year healed the wound for me. And I wouldn't even say Ole Miss was down that year. Their transfer QB was highly touted. But a lot of these out of conference games are scheduled 3-5 years in advance. Hard to know if someone like Baylor or Iowa will still be down when the game rolls around. When we scheduled Indiana I was excited cause they sucked. But by last season they were a decent team. We fortunately had grown into a decent team as well.

That Nebraska game did sting, but the Ole Miss game the next year healed the wound for me. And I wouldn't even say Ole Miss was down that year. Their transfer QB was highly touted. But a lot of these out of conference games are scheduled 3-5 years in advance. Hard to know if someone like Baylor or Iowa will still be down when the game rolls around. When we scheduled Indiana I was excited cause they sucked. But by last season they were a decent team. We fortunately had grown into a decent team as well.

Ole Miss beat Tebow and the Gators the next week I think. We beat a strong Ole Miss team that day.

ESPN Classic still plays that Ole Miss game. How we could beat them, F$U and Clemson and end up at RFK stadium for our bowl game was frustrating.

Back