• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NBAers Making that Paper...

1. Duke: $77,244,780 – 18 players

:eek:

UNC is doing a poor job of putting out players with superstar contracts.

It was more the 18 players. If you had just asked me, "how many Dukies are in the NBA?" I probably would have said, "A bunch. About a dozen." I just didn't realize it was that many.

Wake, Duke, and UNC combined have over 3 active rosters worth of players in the NBA.

The range for Aminu's next contract is pretty big IMO. He's an interesting case of youth, potential, non-obvious strengths and obvious weaknesses. And with 30 GMs you never know what someone might see in that mix.

It was more the 18 players. If you had just asked me, "how many Dukies are in the NBA?" I probably would have said, "A bunch. About a dozen." I just didn't realize it was that many.

Wake, Duke, and UNC combined have over 3 active rosters worth of players in the NBA.

And Wake, Duke, and UNC combined for 7 NCAA championships since the 90s.

It's interesting that UNC's marginal guys wash out of the NBA, but Duke's stick around. Duke always gets crap for their lottery-pick players failing to live up to expectations (i.e. Redick, Langdon, SWilliams, JWilliams, Rivers, Dunleavy, Battier, Parks, Hurley, Laettner, etc.), but they've actually done really well across the board in way that few other schools have... Heck, half of their draft busts have turned in really solid professional careers (Redick, Dunleavy, Battier, etc.) and guys like Langdon and Nelson were and are elite players in top-tier leagues overseas.

Unlike UNC, Duke rarely has guys wash out of basketball altogether.

If you average those numbers out, WFU is at $6.09 million per alum, third behind only Tech ($6.41) and UF ($6.20)

We're going to be good again

I have a feeling Wake's place on this list will be declining in the coming years. But we won't notice since we're "developing champions" and will undoubtedly be too busy celebrating those ACC and NCAA titles coming our way.

Wellman and [Redacted] don't want to see this. Those players are all part of the culture problems.

J-Ho made about a month's worth of NBA paper last season

Back