• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

The 4th down spot looked right to me. At least it was in the ballpark. When it comes down to inches, it's hard to tell down to that kind of detail.

That is the kinda messed up thing about football. Referee gives a totally arbitrary and estimated spot only to measure exact inches with a precise measuring device.

I would be pretty interested in the math on this actually.

"the math" would involve a pretty expansive data set

we would need as inputs:

wind (in WF's face)
state of the defense (has been on the field for 40+ minutes at this point)
strength of opposing qb (he's being touted as a first-rounder in some place)
strength and experience of our own qb (4th year senior having maybe the best run of games in wf quarterbacking history)

I cannot find Blanton’s in Texas anymore. Was just told people get on a waitlist for it. Until recently it was no problem. Hoping to get a bottle in Kentucky next month.

Blantons is going to Japan like crazy. They love the stuff. It goes for double what it does here. Thus the shortage. Try a rural liquor store. I often find old bottles of Blanton's on the top shelf. The Rednecks don't really know what it is but the weird bottle and whatnot. They're cleaning out the wild turkey. I found several bottles this way.

Did I mention I am so damn happy!!!! The cigar is good too.

I will make my point again the football is won by guys making plays. Even if a unit sucks and is surrendering yardage, a guy making a play can change the complexion of the whole game. Demetrius Kemp's play on the goal line and recovery in the EZ won the game for us. Not a "stingy" defense. One guy can step up and make a play. So much the better if no one needs to make one to win, but when the game is on the line it's critical. Can't be overemphasized.

I will make my point again the football is won by guys making plays. Even if a unit sucks and is surrendering yardage, a guy making a play can change the complexion of the whole game. Demetrius Kemp's play on the goal line and recovery in the EZ won the game for us. Not a "stingy" defense. One guy can step up and make a play. So much the better if no one needs to make one to win, but when the game is on the line it's critical. Can't be overemphasized.

Several guys in the back seven had big individual plays.

The game literally came down to a matter of inches. They get a first by 3 or so inches on 4th down. The dude loses the ball a couple of inches from the goal line. It sure is nice to be on the right side of "a matter of inches" for once.

Awesome win.

Hope to get Ejifor and Carney back next week to slam the door on Duke’s bowl eligibility.

Don’t ever forget Cutcliffe and his condescending Peyton Manning ESPN slurping bull shit. Fuck Duke.

Also UNC appears to have a quarterback. If they pull a miracle and beat State, we have the tie breaker, for second place, right?

The game literally came down to a matter of inches. They get a first by 3 or so inches on 4th down. The dude loses the ball a couple of inches from the goal line. It sure is nice to be on the right side of "a matter of inches" for once.

You're talking football, right?

Definitely the right call to run it under 50 seconds

I am almost always an advocate to try to win the game, but in that circumstance it was definitely the right play to run it and burn the 40+ seconds. I was hoping they'd run read option with Wolford keeping it to the outside perhaps catching them crashing the middle, but you had to run it. And ph, it came down to a Hail Mary for them even with the dumb roughing the passer. Wake didn't have to stop them on 4 downs, they ran out of time.

Awesome win.

Hope to get Ejifor and Carney back next week to slam the door on Duke’s bowl eligibility.

Don’t ever forget Cutcliffe and his condescending Peyton Manning ESPN slurping bull shit. Fuck Duke.

Also UNC appears to have a quarterback. If they pull a miracle and beat State, we have the tie breaker, for second place, right?

Does tie breaker for second place really mean anything?

Some NC State people are complaining about a laptop on WF's sidelines. Anyone know/see anything about that? Likely just crazy Twitter BS but figured I'd ask.

Some NC State people are complaining about a laptop on WF's sidelines. Anyone know/see anything about that? Likely just crazy Twitter BS but figured I'd ask.

It's a joke after last week Clemson had a laptop on the sideline.

Back