• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/ ND Football Tickets

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
How does one go about getting tickets to the game? I called Wake ticket dept. and they said that right now if you're a football scholly contributor you'll get first crack at them through a ticket lottery. After that if there are any left, they'll be put up for sale to everyone else.

Right now since I don't give at that level I am trying to go through the ND ticket lottery but won't know anything until mid July.

How many tickets will ND give us and what are the chances we'll buy them all?

Very unlikely that tickets for this November in South Bend will be available through WFU to the general public.

Since it's the last home game of the season for ND, the availability of tickets could really vary depending on how their season goes. If they have a crappy season, which they might, then there could be a good 5,000 empty seats that day.

DC sent this email on April 2:

Important Information Regarding Allocation of Tickets
for WFU vs. Notre Dame

As you may know, the Demon Deacons will be traveling to South Bend, IN to take on the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame on November 17, 2012. We have received many inquiries about tickets for this historical event, so we wanted to explain the process for allocating tickets.

Wake Forest has approximately 4,000 tickets available for purchase by Deacon Club members. There will be a limit of 4 tickets per membership. Ticket applications and travel information were mailed on Monday, April 2, to Deacon Club members at the Scholarship level ($1,600+) and above. The priority deadline for these ticket applications is April 16, 2012.

If there are tickets remaining after the April 16th deadline, a wait-list application will be sent on April 23rd to Golden W members ($800+). This means that Golden W members will have the opportunity to request tickets, but availability will depend on the quantity of tickets remaining. If the demand for tickets exceeds availability, tickets will be allocated based on rank within giving level. Golden W members will have a deadline of May 11th. If there are still additional tickets remaining, this process will repeat for Golden C and General level donors until the ticket supply is exhausted.

For your reference, there are approximately 1,000 members at the Scholarship level and above, so if every member were to purchase 4 tickets, the ticket supply would be exhausted after the first round of applications. In the event that tickets remain and the application process is opened to additional giving levels, there are approximately 600 Golden W members, 1,200 Golden C members and 1,600 General level members.

It is important to note that while qualification for tickets is based upon giving level, the actual seat location will be assigned based upon Deacon Club rank. Ticket assignments will be made in the fall, and tickets will be mailed no later than 3 weeks prior to the game.

If donors who qualify for tickets wish to be seated together, we will assign the tickets based upon the average rank. For example, if Donor A is ranked 2,500 and Donor B is 1,250, we would assign them both based on an average rank of 1,875.

If you have any questions regarding the ticket allocation process, please call the Wake Forest Ticket Office at (336) 758-3322 or email deacclub@wfu.edu.

GO DEACS!

Wow! Stubhub is $150 per ticket right now.

Might just go to Chicago and hang with friends to watch this.

How is the market outside the stadium for non-descript ND games?

Just wait until they join the ACC and you'll have many chances to attend a game up there.

The "Wake Forest Express" train from Chicago to South Bend sounds pretty awesome. Fully catered/all you can eat and drink. $200 is quite steep though.

I'm in. Just bought four tickets. Birthday present to myself. Happy birthday me!

I know they're trying to sell tickets and all, but us playing Notre Dame is just another game. I don't see how it is more historic than any other OOC match-up.

I know they're trying to sell tickets and all, but us playing Notre Dame is just another game. I don't see how it is more historic than any other OOC match-up.

lolwut.jpg

We're playing in one of college football's most historical sites against one of college football's most traditional teams. I think this is a pretty big damn game for Wake.

Notre Dame has history, but that doesn't mean us playing them is historic. It's just so LOWF to act like this is some huge deal because it isn't a huge deal. If it isn't a huge deal for them then it shouldn't be a huge deal for us.

Since it's the last home game of the season for ND, the availability of tickets could really vary depending on how their season goes. If they have a crappy season, which they might, then there could be a good 5,000 empty seats that day.

They will be plentiful on SyubHub. They are already on there for $135. Right before Thanksgiving, not a big game for Notre Dame. We got 4000 which is way more than we usually bring on a far away raod trip. Make your plans to join us in South Bend & Chicago

Notre Dame has history, but that doesn't mean us playing them is historic. It's just so LOWF to act like this is some huge deal because it isn't a huge deal. If it isn't a huge deal for them then it shouldn't be a huge deal for us.

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Back