• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake needs a new commerical

Lol, I was supposed to be in that commercial but got hammered the night and slept through it.

As a member of Chi Rho at the time we recorded that version of the alma mater, I appreciate the shout-out! :)

It was good. Someone should put that Wake commerical on youtube.

Any chance the Chi Rho version of the Alma Mater will be sold on I-Tunes?

It was good. Someone should put that Wake commerical on youtube.

Any chance the Chi Rho version of the Alma Mater will be sold on I-Tunes?

I'd be pretty surprised--They don't offer the older albums for sale anymore (I found a box containing 15+ copies of that CD and the 1997 album in my basement a few months ago and sent them to the group....probably using them as coasters, though). :)

Just sent you a PM about it--Get back to me when you can.

What they should do, but won't, is set up a contest. Make some clips available. Give decent monetary prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, etc. There are so many excellent amateur and semi-professional filmmakers out there, we would end up with a bunch of awesome commercials.

It would be a great film studies project. Didn't we just start up a grad program in film studies or something similar.

I'd be pretty surprised--They don't offer the older albums for sale anymore (I found a box containing 15+ copies of that CD and the 1997 album in my basement a few months ago and sent them to the group....probably using them as coasters, though). :)

Just sent you a PM about it--Get back to me when you can.

If you still have some copies, I'd love to get one as well. Shoot me your address and I'll be happy to send a couple bucks to cover the cost.

Lol, I was supposed to be in that commercial but got hammered the night and slept through it.

Haha me too. I got an invite to be in it but got hammered and slept through. I always assumed you were way older than me.

It's funny how the commercial just pieces together random buzzwords that don't really make sense when strung together...plus there's the white girl, white dude, asian chick, and black dude...why didn't we pick a more attractive white girl in the ad??

How long ago was that? My son is in Chi Rho and maybe he can help to get the gears in motion for a new one.

1995, I think. The Wake commercial with Chi Rho singing it was airing during the Robert O'Kelly years (97-01)

Here's a link to the album Rejoice. The Wake Forest Alma Mater is track 3.

Chi Rho Rejoice

Last edited:
Wow- way back in time. Chi Rho started in 1992 so it's defintely time for a new rendition and a new commercial would be great.

The ballerina/Rodney 360 is one of the most memorable college commercials of all time IMO.

I think it is a great commercial. The best Wake has ever had. It should run for the next 10 years.

P.S. My son is the first student who speaks and the one shown walking onto the quad at the end. :)

agreed. it displays my other-worldly flag football skills. it should never be taken off the airwaves.

Wow- way back in time. Chi Rho started in 1992 so it's defintely time for a new rendition and a new commercial would be great.

The group actually formed in Fall 1991, I believe. I came to Wake in 1993 and I'm pretty sure that the Spring 1994 "Big Concert" was the group's third one (first in ever held in Brendle--they moved it to Wait Chapel at some point).

And count me in with Ranger--It wasn't THAT long ago! :) Although I agree a new version, recording with better equipment, would be nice for the University to have.

We desperately need a fresh commercial to show during the games. Not only is the current one stale but it's lame and boring (no offense to the actors).

I'm no marketing expert but it's mystifying to me why WF doesn't plunk down some cash and make a truly first-rate clip with good production values. I see better commercials all the time for schools with less money and fewer resources than WF. Ours have been bad for 10+ years now.

Back