• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Opens +12 vs. BC

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
O/U is 37.

Cue the "let rj announce" tags.

That implies we should be able to score around 13 points which we all know won't happen. Line should be 15 or 16 IMO. BC will win like 30-10 or something maybe we get a defensive TD and only lose 30-14

I guess Vegas learned from the 'cuse game.

Well, somewhat

Watched BC play at state a couple weeks ago. Their o-line is excellent, and they will run all day long. I would take BC -12.

It all depends on how many points the offense spots BC. If it is none (and no bad field position off turnovers), the defense should be able to make WF cover. But I expect at least a few bad things happening on offense, so an easy TD or two for BC is likely in the cards.

BC is probably very over-confident.
We have them right where we want them..........

Not sure about that. Maybe if they had beaten Clemson.

Blown out both teams they've played on the road so far this year

It's odd but Vtech looks like the worst opponent we have left. We have no shot with BC, Clemson, Duke or State. Right now, Hokies are injury ravaged using a 3rd and 4th string RB and the QB has been prone to INT's. They do have 2 good TE's and the D, despite injuries, is still good.

Virginia Tech is the second best team remaining on our schedule according to both Football Outsiders and my lord and savior Sagarin.

We have three games left against top 25 teams according to F +/-. Clemson is 11th, Virginia Tech is 20th, and Duke is 24th. Boston College is 32nd and State is 60th.

On Sagarin Clemson is 14th, Virginia Tech is 31st, Duke is 38th, Boston College is 46th, and State is 75th.

For comparison, Wake is 135th in Sagarin (behind 27 FCS teams) and 91st in F +/-.

Again, VT is wildly overrated since they beat Ohio State, who has improved by a ridiculous level since they played the Hokies in Barrett's first meaningful action.

But State is easily the worst opponent we have left. I really hope we don't become Doeren's first ACC win, and it would be so awesome if he can't even beat us

We won't win an ACC game this year, will we?

I look forward to seeing some OL talent in the years to come, because we sure lack it right now.

Again, VT is wildly overrated since they beat Ohio State, who has improved by a ridiculous level since they played the Hokies in Barrett's first meaningful action.

But State is easily the worst opponent we have left. I really hope we don't become Doeren's first ACC win, and it would be so awesome if he can't even beat us

Dunno who's overrating them now....they were very good 4 weeks ago but then guys started dropping like flies. And it continues as just announced that top 290lb. DT Maddy is now gone for the season.

Back